Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Whoop'n ass

I don't need another hobby. I don't need another hobby. This is interesting though,
    Private Land Rubberhead # 1

There was a fella named George Williams that was a match director at Palmetto. I shot a few 3 gun matches with him. Super nice guy! Is he still around?

If any SC Duckers want to try competitive shooting you have an open invite to my match. I will put you on my squad and coach you thru the match. Next match is next Saturday, Dec 19th at Low Country Preserve in Pireway, NC. We are about 30 minutes from NMB. If you are short on gear we have more than enough extra for you to try a match. We have great ROs that are are very new shooter friendly. I promise no one will point and laugh. We all were newbies at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by ndbrown213 View Post
    I don't need another hobby. I don't need another hobby. This is interesting though,
    I want to try this, bad. But I don't have time to add anymore to my plate right now

I'm sure it's a blast though!

I'd love to do stuff like that. Just do toany other things to support the funds to shoot enough. Congrats tho

Whooped ass again today... i just whoop ass dudes
    They say the only time a fishermen tells the truth is when he tells you another fisherman is a liar.

Now this is getting a little prideful.........

JK, wish I had time to come and shoot with you. Maybe after February.

Come on! I shoot a match nearly every weekend.... Holler, it's the same number . I am going to miss just about all of them until Febuary between Christmas and traveling g duck killing in JAN.
    Last edited by CAMO SNOB; 12-14-2015 at 07:46 AM.
    They say the only time a fishermen tells the truth is when he tells you another fisherman is a liar.

Quote Originally Posted by Tha Dick View Post
    Now this is getting a little prideful.........
    yeah, he almost beat the guy that had 11 seconds in procedural penalties over 6 stages...
    Please support March of Dimes

www.marchforbabies.org/MadelineRai

I don't play IDPA no more, neither does oscar... So we got some penalties, happens. I lost it on my hits, and I haven't looked at sights in 6 months. I did well, especially for not trying.

I will chanllenge you mr sheep... I even have an open gun you can borrow to get your whoopin.

I'm fairly certain you'd kick my ass with a dot gun...

So you want me to play production? I can, I still got a glock.

I'm thinking I'll be back to USPSA in late January..and I will still be in Production.

I just checked my checkbook and I STILL cant afford to try out an open gun.....

You can.... It's just momma won't let you .

It is only fair that our head to head be limited minor then... You'll make up tons of time with all that reloading you practice.

It's addictive. Bad addictive. Have any of you shot a stage so fast it suprises you? It's a feeling like no other. At the SC Steel Challenge match in Single Stack I had a 2.73 second run on Smoke and Hope. I shoot my 1911 faster than my OPEN gun which is a problem within itself but none the less it was a shock. The lady called my time out (which I despise) and that messed me up. I tried to replicate it 3 other times and couldn't. My average was about 3 seconds if I remember. The fastest I've been able to do it since is 2.56 but when the buzzer goes off in a match it's a different story. No matter how much I shoot I still get that adrenaline surge right after shooter ready, standby....
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." (Edmund Burke)

I missed the left plate on S&H Saturday.

3 times.

in a row.

BTW - for any newbies around Spartanburg next Saturday I am running a beginner Steel Challenge match at the Spartanburg Gun Club near Pacolet. All men, women and children are welcome. 3 stages of 4 strings a piece (slowest time of 4 is a throw away) 2 stages of standard 8 inch plates and the last stage is the plate rack. Great place to start for a first time shooter. You need about 100 rounds, 3 - 4 magazines and a gun.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." (Edmund Burke)

Quote Originally Posted by Sheep View Post
    I missed the left plate on S&H Saturday.

3 times.

in a row.

That sucks. I have missed number 2 and had to pick it up which sucks too. Those big ole plates, so close together makes it look easy when I think its actually one of the more difficult stages to really master. NEVER start with S&H LOL....

Do you shoot at SPSA?

Quote Originally Posted by crackshot View Post

Do you shoot at SPSA?
    That is where I mainly shoot USPSA and SC.