Thread: Arkansas trip?

I don't know anything about hunting in Arkansas. What suggestions or insight do you guys have about it? Me and a buddy are wanting to look into going in a year or two, so any experience you guys have would be appreciated. Thanks
    *2008 & 2009 Bream World Champion*

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. - Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    "The Gamecocks are hammered dog shit"

posted this over in the scduck forum, because i wasn't thinking, it should've gone here in the first place, any information you guys can give would be great, thanks

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. - Benjamin Franklin

public or private? guided or unguided?
    how much time or money are you willing to spend?

answers those questions and i bet you will get lots of answers.

the bayou meto (public) is a goat rodeo from time to time but can hold ducks in that timber the likes of which you have probably never seen. there is a predetermined time that boats can leave the ramp and then its a free-for-all looking for a spot.

there are a BUNCH of private landowners all over that area that lease a blind on a daily basis. of course, its hit or miss.

or

you could go fully guided. meals, lodging, and all. click the banner at the top of the page and check on rates and availability.

if you have more time than money, i would think a freelancing trip to ND makes more sense.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

I had an ant farm once......them fellas didn't grow shit.

we are wanting to hunt some public land unguided. probably around 2 or 3 days of hunting would be nice. we will probably plan to try and camp out to save money because we aren't wanting to spend a whole lot.

We're headed out there on Dec 13th. Are any of y'all going? If so, when and where?
    Quote Originally Posted by dfasano View Post
    Don't speak for all of us.....stupid son a of a bitch (Dabo Swinney) needs to be spending his free time learning to coach instead of coming up with gay ass sayings.

Camp out?? Shoot man, you can stay in some pretty nice dumps for $40 a night.
    RIP Kelsey "Bigdawg" Cromer
    12-26-98 12-1-13

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Missing you my great friend.

If you've nerver been, go guided. You will be like a fish out of water if you've never been out there before.
    31-28, 12-0, 3-2, 4-2!!!!!!!!!

Labluvr is right. We may be going to Woodruff Cty. in January, and the plan right now is to rent three rooms, two for sleeping and one hospitality suite for all the peripheral activities common to a duck hunting trip.

Cup, make sure you read the game and fish rules and regulation. Some WMA have changed the time you can enter the woods and the time to get out of the water. Make sure you buy your WMA permit. One permit per WMA. Considering you've never been to AR hunting go with a guide service, Davey Crockett guide service is by far the best and it's affordable. Better yet go to Canada in September, Arkansas is overrated. No ducks no water.
    Take\'em when their backpeddling. GREENHEADS ONLY!!!!!!!!!

"Stay home" would be great advice.

And for the record, dumbass'z. It's pronounced "By-uh meeta".....not "The Bayou Meto"

Get it right. At least drop the "The" in the name.
    Some mistakes are just too fun to make only once!

Do yourself a favor and at least lease a pit. Do some scouting while your there and be a little more prepared for next year. Arkansas is not the place to just up and take off to in the blind.

It is called Bayou Metro cause all the people in the place.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

thanks for the help guys, i think we might look into paying for an unguided hunt or something (i.e. getting a pit) then see if there are some things we can find out about hunting public land ourselves.