Thread: Costa Rica

Default Costa Rica

Alright, we are planning a trip back with more focus on fishing this time during the peak season either in Feb or March.
    Who have you fished with and had a great experience from Quepos or Los Suenos??
    We haven't decided 100% where we are staying yet, but hope to lock it down when I lock down fishing.
    We stayed way up in Guanacaste last year in the summertime. Resort was phenomenal and overall trip was great, but only got out once and caught one sail. Wife knows I want to Fish this go round. A full day offshore then perhaps halfday in for Roosters and such.
    Anywho, any experiences and advice appreciated. Have some leads already but figured I'd see what the a SCDuckers that have been had to say..

Quote Originally Posted by PharmHunter View Post
    Alright, we are planning a trip back with more focus on fishing this time during the peak season either in Feb or March.
    Who have you fished with and had a great experience from Quepos or Los Suenos??
    We haven't decided 100% where we are staying yet, but hope to lock it down when I lock down fishing.
    We stayed way up in Guanacaste last year in the summertime. Resort was phenomenal and overall trip was great, but only got out once and caught one sail. Wife knows I want to Fish this go round. A full day offshore then perhaps halfday in for Roosters and such.
    Anywho, any experiences and advice appreciated. Have some leads already but figured I'd see what the a SCDuckers that have been had to say..
    I can't say enough about Mike alligood on Epic, he also has a condos you can rent there at los suenos, last time a checked, 6 days, 3 days offshore was $5k group rate. One of the best captains I ever fished with and he wants you to be involved. Has won the world championship a time or two, hell on roosters too. He puts up the same #'s as the fly boats. He will set you up with everything you need.
    PM me if you want his info.
    Last edited by buckpro; 05-20-2015 at 07:37 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    I'll shoot over a kids head in a blind or long gun one on a turkey in a heart beat. You want to kill stuff around me you gonna earn it.

Los Suenos is hard to beat. Jaco is a happening place. We usually stay near Quepos and fish with BlueFin Charters.

Oscar Cortes is another great Captain - The Wetass II. He fishes out of Carillo Bay during Jan - March and may be an option..

Have a great time!!
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

George Beckwith- Downeast guide service. http://www.pamlicoguide.com/

Dad's been going with him for the last 7 years. He is awesome and his boats catch fish. Out of Los suenos.

Actually going out with him this weekend in NC to catch cobia.
    Last edited by MolliesMaster; 05-20-2015 at 08:02 AM.
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

Quote Originally Posted by buckpro View Post
    I can't say enough about Mike alligood on Epic, he also has a condos you can rent there at los suenos, last time a checked, 6 days, 3 days offshore was $5k group rate. One of the best captains I ever fished with and he wants you to be involved. Has won the world championship a time or two, hell on roosters too. He puts up the same #'s as the fly boats. He will set you up with everything you need.
    Six days in Condo, Offshore for 3 days for 5k?
    Quote Originally Posted by walt4dun View Post
    Monsters... Be damned if I'd ever be taken alive by the likes of faggot musslims.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I am an equal opportunity hater.

Fishing is the same but Los is more upscale and closer to a a town.
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

Quote Originally Posted by willk View Post
    last time I checked. Stand by i'll double check
    I'll shoot over a kids head in a blind or long gun one on a turkey in a heart beat. You want to kill stuff around me you gonna earn it.

Quote Originally Posted by willk View Post
    Found it, I was a little off. this is for 4 to 6 people

7 Nights, 3 Days Fishing aboard EPIC, Airport Transfers, Golf Cart
    $7200

5 Nights, 2 Days Fishing, & Airport Transfers
    $5200

We fished 7 days with the Frenzy Crew a few years back and had a blast. Stayed at the owner of the Frenzys house "Casa Carolina" in Quepos. Everything was first class...
    Conservation means the wise use of the earth and its resources for the lasting good of men. -Gifford Pinchot

The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it. -Thomas Jefferson

The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

Quote Originally Posted by buckpro View Post
    Yeah already had him at the top of the list and contacted via THT. I was actually looking at the condos last night, and that may very well be exactly what I plan to do if all my group is good with it.
    I saw your post further down on the rates and that is pretty damn hard to beat. We were already planning to stay five nights so two days fishing and that is absolutely perfect
    Thanks for the info! I've heard and read he's a hell of a fisherman, and I'm glad to hear a first hand report. Already thought that was who we were going to try and line up.

Quote Originally Posted by Quackhead22 View Post
    We fished 7 days with the Frenzy Crew a few years back and had a blast. Stayed at the owner of the Frenzys house "Casa Carolina" in Quepos. Everything was first class...
    Haha it really is a small world, as this was our exact second option. My group seems to like the idea of being on more of a property/resort type place than a house, for a number of reasons.
    I've had numerous friends stay there and really like it, but my folks seem to think they'd be more comfortable and secure on resort. Thanks for the info though! It's still on the back burner as a possibility.

Default Costa Rica

Haha it really is a small world, as this was our exact second option. My group seems to like the idea of being on more of a property/resort type place than a house, for a number of reasons.

I've had numerous friends stay there and really like it, but my folks seem to think they'd be more comfortable and secure on resort. Thanks for the info though! It's still on the back burner as a possibility.

The house comes with an armed security guard and is fully gated...the security guard doesn't mind an imperial or two either haha and the lady that cleans the house makes the best serviche and homemade tortillas I've ever had....and Marco the mate on the big frenzy is an animal!
    Last edited by Quackhead22; 05-20-2015 at 01:29 PM.
    Conservation means the wise use of the earth and its resources for the lasting good of men. -Gifford Pinchot

The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it. -Thomas Jefferson

The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

Yeah already had him at the top of the list and contacted via THT. I was actually looking at the condos last night, and that may very well be exactly what I plan to do if all my group is good with it.
    I saw your post further down on the rates and that is pretty damn hard to beat. We were already planning to stay five nights so two days fishing and that is absolutely perfect
    Thanks for the info! I've heard and read he's a hell of a fisherman, and I'm glad to hear a first hand report. Already thought that was who we were going to try and line up.
    Mike's the man, WHEN I go back, it will be with him again. The day we went inshore for a rooster everyone said he was the guy, problem was the red tide moved in thick and not a single boat caught one that day. At 6pm I had to make him stop, told him I understand but I was cooked, it wasn't for lack of effort. He was upset we didn't catch one, even tried to get me on the boat for a couple hours the next day to try it again for free.

If he still uses him, see if Harold is still around for a go too, other things to do, guy. He's a trip and will line up anything you need in a hurry.

Make sure you go eat at the el pelicano just outside the gates, order the whole fried snapper. You wont regret it.
    Last edited by buckpro; 05-20-2015 at 01:56 PM.