Thread: Fripp Island

Default Fripp Island

Any of yall ever fished there much? We're switching up vacation spots this year and giving Fripp a try. I'm assuming the surf fishing won't be much different than what I'm use to but it looks like there's a creek/marsh behind the place we're staying at so who knows.

I spent a lot of time there back in the day. Lots of creeks, etc to explore in the area. Used to be really good fishing.

I go to Fripp every year and stay right on the canal, usually jig up and down for flounder, other than that great place to fish if you know where the locals go. I finally found it last year and it's good fishing.
    Last edited by dhall1693; 04-30-2015 at 07:22 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Indeed, yet I have killed no Jack Miners today, this month, or this season as our boy DHall has. I am more jealous of his awesome pig of a bird than everyone else combined.

First Peter 5:7 "Cast all your care upon God"

I used to go back in the day with 4thegirls. That place is awesome. We always took a creek boat. There is great crabbing, inshore fishing, etc......just watch the tides....I seem to remember a story about 4thegirls that involved the tide.
    Last edited by DJP; 04-30-2015 at 07:27 AM.

Yes the tides are bad!
    Indeed, yet I have killed no Jack Miners today, this month, or this season as our boy DHall has. I am more jealous of his awesome pig of a bird than everyone else combined.

Yeah, I heard tides play a huge role in the fishing down there. I'm no salt expert by no means, but maybe I can catch a few. I heard crabbing was really fun. Something about a chicken neck tied to a string? Sounded like something the little ones would like so we may give it a shot too. How's the crowd down there in relation to Dirty Myrtle as far as the beaches are concerned? From my understanding they're having some kind of something going on the week of the 4th which is when we're going.

Gets thick around the golf cart entrances.

Fripp is private. Crowds won't be a problem at all. There are a lot of golf carts and bikes. It is good biking for kids due to the low number of cars. Crabbing is simple and it is definately somthing to do with the family. Kids love it. Go to either end of the island at low tide. Get a chicken neck on a string, toss it out about 5-10 feet. You will feel crabs start tugging on the neck. Slowly pull the neck toward you and scoop the crab up with a net. We used to get them by the bucket full.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakey View Post
    How's the crowd down there in relation to Dirty Myrtle as far as the beaches are concerned? .
    As far as the east is from the west...

One of these on the golf course pond is a blast with the lizards...

really good shark fishing in the area. We used to catch 6ft blacktips all day long in the sound

Quote Originally Posted by DJP View Post
    I used to go back in the day with 4thegirls. That place is awesome. We always took a creek boat. There is great crabbing, inshore fishing, etc......just watch the tides....I seem to remember a story about 4thegirls that involved the tide.
    Dammit, I forgot about that. Nothing like being "rescued" by a Huey helo in front of a few hundred people.

Move this un to SALTWATER FORUM, Damn
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"