Thread: It's a Bushwhack

Default It's a Bushwhack

struck up two birds right off the roost this morning. setup and had a jake come in silent. then messed around with the toms for 45 minutes until the hen they were with walked off into the hardwood bottom opposite from me. had to be somewhere at 9, so started backing out and checking fields as i went. last field i came to had a hen in it. hit the dirt, laid down in the clover and not 10 seconds later those same two toms appear behind the hen, and they all start walking directly towards me. waited on their heads to clear some brush and threw up the 870 and shot. two year old and not my most exciting hunt but dead's dead. back at it in the morning.

"JUST BECAUSE I AM NOT A GOOD SPELLER DOESN'T MEAN MY JEAN POLL IS GONNA BE BAD."
    Quote Originally Posted by Mergie Master View Post
    There's evidence coming out...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cottontop74 View Post
    I dabble in a lot of things, but don't get too technical with any of them.

Nice job.
    Warning: The Surgeon General has determined that turkey hunting is an addictive activity that will disrupt normal sleep patterns!

Nice pic on the old skool JD, we had 2 of those when I was growing up, came home from CU during an ice storm in '72 or '73 , went to the farm drove the JD to town to pull all the kids around on an old car hood.

Bushwhack happens. Nice job on collecting a fine bird!

Quote Originally Posted by rrconductor View Post
    Nice pic on the old skool JD, we had 2 of those when I was growing up, came home from CU during an ice storm in '72 or '73 , went to the farm drove the JD to town to pull all the kids around on an old car hood.
    thanks. my dad used to drive that around when he was a kid back in the 50's, working the land with the sharecroppers we had living at the farm. we're in the process of getting it back up and running again. i can remember riding around on it when i was a kid. remember it being hell to drive since there's no power steering and it has a hand clutch!
    "JUST BECAUSE I AM NOT A GOOD SPELLER DOESN'T MEAN MY JEAN POLL IS GONNA BE BAD."
    Quote Originally Posted by Mergie Master View Post
    There's evidence coming out...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cottontop74 View Post
    I dabble in a lot of things, but don't get too technical with any of them.

Bush whacking a turkey is harder than calling one in.

Meat on the table!

Sportin has told the absolute truth. Got to be slick to be bushwhack bill.