Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Dress Code

Quote Originally Posted by duckduckdog View Post
    so a cowboy church of 30 makes it right. Got it.

Quote Originally Posted by turbo View Post
    The stuff that you fools let bother you baffles me.

I wear a hat at church every Sunday. You might be mad at me, but that's on the long list of shit that I don't care one bit about. So, there's that.
    just out of curiosity, what church do you attend?
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

It is not about what God thinks of you. It is about the conclusions your fellow man draws about you from your conduct. You can't control their conclusions, but you can control the actions you take which cause them to draw their conclusions.

If I told my sons once, I told them a hundred times: "Unless you think it is going rain inside this house, take your damn hat off."
    The only good thing about my imperfections is the joy they bring my friends.

Beware the man with one gun...he probably has other faults also.

Quote Originally Posted by Salt Marsh View Post
    It is not about what God thinks of you. It is about the conclusions your fellow man draws about you from your conduct. You can't control their conclusions, but you can control the actions you take which cause them to draw their conclusions.

If I told my sons once, I told them a hundred times: "Unless you think it is going rain inside this house, take your damn hat off."
    Well if that's the case I could give two shits about what they think. I only care about what God thinks and he does not care.

I heard it said in church Sunday: a good Christian SHOULD care what others think abut him. The opinions others form are a direct result of how Christlike you live your life

I've tried really hard to refrain from posting in this thread. I haven't read all the comments, nor will I, but this link pretty much sums up the common courtesy of when and where to wear a hat. Take it for what it's worth...

http://www.emilypost.com/everyday-ma...ere-of-the-hat
    Last edited by Luvin' Labs; 03-24-2015 at 05:33 PM.

I wouldn't be allowed into my Church with a hat on.

But I don't wear hats unless I'm hunting.

I can only shake my head and draw the conclusion that some are just too damn ignorant to take a grown man's advice on life. Instead, lines are drawn in the sand that further reiterate the fact that you can't teach stupid!
    Nice try.....
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

Never wore a hat to a church service in my life and probably never will. Same can be said for shorts or flip flops but I really don't care what other people do. Only person I have to worry about is me.

I will say that if you walk into a church with a Coot hat or any visor then you're going straight to hell.

So many miss the overall point of MANNERS and RESPECT, some were just raised without it and apparently contrary to Pretty Woman, you can't teach it!
    Last edited by Calibogue; 03-24-2015 at 06:44 PM.
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

Quote Originally Posted by Calibogue View Post
    You miss the overall point of MANNERS and RESPECT, some were just raised without it and apparently contrary to Pretty Woman, you can't teach it!
    No Sir, I do not miss the overall point about manners and respect. If you have been paying attention you will know that Im the one who started this thread saying that there needs to be more manners and respect. And while I may not know the difference in a shrimp fork and a salad fork I guarantee you I got more respect and manners that probably 90% of people on this site.

my statement that you quoted me on was in response to someone who said he did not care what other thinks because he only cares what God thinks. God however does think that its important that my actions impact people in a positive manner. He said we are not to be stumbling blocks for ohter believers and if we become so that it is better for a millstone to be hung around our necks and for us to be cast into the sea.

Quote Originally Posted by Luvin' Labs View Post
    I've tried really hard to refrain from posting in this thread. I haven't read all the comments, nor will I, but this link pretty much sums up the common courtesy of when and where to wear a hat. Take it for what it's worth...

http://www.emilypost.com/everyday-ma...ere-of-the-hat

This should be common sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Duck cutter View Post
    No Sir, I do not miss the overall point about manners and respect. If you have been paying attention you will know that Im the one who started this thread saying that there needs to be more manners and respect. And while I may not know the difference in a shrimp fork and a salad fork I guarantee you I got more respect and manners that probably 90% of people on this site.

my statement that you quoted me on was in response to someone who said he did not care what other thinks because he only cares what God thinks. God however does think that its important that my actions impact people in a positive manner. He said we are not to be stumbling blocks for ohter believers and if we become so that it is better for a millstone to be hung around our necks and for us to be cast into the sea.
    Quoting you was accidental!
    Sorry....

no problem

Quote Originally Posted by Hosscat View Post
    This should be common sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Unfortunately it's not.

well said
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!

Quote Originally Posted by SOUTHERN WOODS View Post
    Never wore a hat to a church service in my life and probably never will. Same can be said for shorts or flip flops but I really don't care what other people do. Only person I have to worry about is me.

I will say that if you walk into a church with a Coot hat or any visor then you're going straight to hell.
    Good thing Ive never worn mine into church then...If that rule applied to outside of church I would be in trouble
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid