Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Project.

What's the best glue to use to put under those mats ? Great pictures Sut
    SHR Charles Pullin Bak Da Hammer " Ruger "
    HR Double R Retrievers " Emma "

Thank ya sir. I used a liquid nail product to glue it to the wood and 3m adhesive spray for the alumninum.

Quote Originally Posted by sut View Post
    And gonna re paint it get a gun box built shark eye lights not sure what else.
    Gun boxes get in the way and are overrated IMO. Unless you want those shark eye lights to be shiny do like I did and have em powder coated prior to installing em. Works like a champ.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

For all those considering Hydroturf, I strongly suggest you look at the foam mat knockoffs. Having $1200 in hydroturf on my big boat & $40 in fatigue mats in the jon boat, it's 6 of one 1/2 a dozen of the other. I'd do fatigue mats in the big boat if I had it to do over again.

Quote Originally Posted by willyworm View Post
    Gun boxes get in the way and are overrated IMO. Unless you want those shark eye lights to be shiny do like I did and have em powder coated prior to installing em. Works like a champ.

Good idea thanks for the tip.

Looks great! do the knock off matts come in anything besides black? Black has no place on anything camo
    Seeing these soulless vanilla ice lookin Yankees on a bassboat is worse than watching a woman get her implants taken out. It's just wrong. Get back in your Lund and go back to infisherman.

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    Looks great! do the knock off matts come in anything besides black? Black has no place on anything camo

They are actually a grey color and all my walmart had was grey lol im sure you can find em in other colors.

Good idea thanks for the tip.
    Welcome. I come down to Chucktown on the regular. My guy locally charged me like $25. He just waited til he was already doing another item in flat black. Lemme know if i can help.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."

They are actually a grey color and all my walmart had was grey lol im sure you can find em in other colors.
    Perfect that's way better than paying full price for the real deal
    Seeing these soulless vanilla ice lookin Yankees on a bassboat is worse than watching a woman get her implants taken out. It's just wrong. Get back in your Lund and go back to infisherman.

Boat looks Great Sut.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    Perfect that's way better than paying full price for the real deal

I bought goose creek wallmart out not sure if any of the others have any its in the fitnes section.

Quote Originally Posted by DRDUCK View Post
    Boat looks Great Sut.

Thank ya sir.

I've used the knock off foam on my last 3 boats, it holds up great. I use dap contact cement to glue it down. Follow the directions and it won't ever come up. I painted over it with kem 4000 (the stuff stumpknocker uses) it held up decent, main traffic areas started to fade in about a year. I found it on clearance at big lots in a diamond plate tread gray in color for 8 bucks 4ft wide by 8ft long.

Last edited by Waldo; 01-21-2015 at 11:39 PM.

There's Waldo. Where in the world have you been?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by willyworm View Post
    There's Waldo. Where in the world have you been?
    I've been delivering "stuff" to the American "Advisor's" over in the middle east.

I love to see these threads. Great job on the makeover!

Quote Originally Posted by Waldo View Post
    I've used the knock off foam on my last 3 boats, it holds up great. I use dap contact cement to glue it down. Follow the directions and it won't ever come up. I painted over it with kem 4000 (the stuff stumpknocker uses) it held up decent, main traffic areas started to fade in about a year. I found it on clearance at big lots in a diamond plate tread gray in color for 8 bucks 4ft wide by 8ft long.

I love what you have done with the Gehnoo .... I have a Riverhawk that has Tan colored interior and I may just do this to the floor soon as it warms a bit
    "Good thing these bitches float" - 295PRO

************************************************** ******************************

2012 SCDUCKS Bream World Champion
    Riverhawk B-60 Procaster w/ 25hp Merc
    Tide Craft w/ 25 hp Johnson
    Stoeger M2000
    Kent Fast Steel