Thread: A few I've been meaning to post

Default A few I've been meaning to post

This year at school I decided I needed a new hobby, so I picked up carving decoys. I use 2in insulation foam then restle coat.

This past may I made the decision to get my first dog I would attempt to train.

Her name is Lily- this is her the day I got her. Good thing dogs are such good companions, because both my mother and girlfriend stopped talking to me for a bit after I got her.
    IMG_1027.jpg

Anyway, I had 3 goals: First, I wanted Lily to make her first retrieve. Next, I wanted to kill birds over decoys I made. Finally, I wanted to watch Lily retrieve a bird I killed over decoys I made.

Well, I couldn't pull off the last one, but here she is with her first retrieve. "Proud" doesn't seem to exactly explain how I felt.
    IMG_1542.jpg

After a long day....
    IMG_1544.jpg

Anyway, I have had a curse with redheads after a fateful day two years ago when I said to my two friends "If we have redheads come in, there is no way I am going to miss". Fast forward two years and MULTIPLE shots at redheads, and I still am yet to get one.....

Until this day, which just so happened to be the first time hunting over my decoys
    IMG_1569.JPG

Last Day I hunted.....unfortunately my buddies shot these, but I still say they wouldn't have come in without the only two redhead decoys in the spread....

IMG_1583.jpg

Hope y'all enjoy

sorry about the size of the pics btw

Good stuff. Congratulations.

Right On!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Indeed, yet I have killed no Jack Miners today, this month, or this season as our boy DHall has. I am more jealous of his awesome pig of a bird than everyone else combined.

First Peter 5:7 "Cast all your care upon God"

Well done all around
    "Pain, or damage don't end the world — or despair, or fu**in' beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man, ......and give some back." -Al Swearingen

thanks guys

I've set a similar goal to myself, minus the dog. I've been wanting to make my own call, and decoys. To be able to call ducks in with a call I made, and kill them over decoys I made, is my ultimate goal. It's going to be a while, because I haven't started on either yet, but that's what I'm aiming for. Good job there man. That's something you can take pride in for years to come.
    "Some high society lady says is your horse outside, no ma'am he's between my legs, but you're too fat to ride" Hank Jr

good stuff, all of those are future goals of mine once i get enough time. Awesome work
    Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in his shoes. That way if he gets angry, he'll be a mile away and barefoot. - unknown

Originally Posted by 295PRO
    This is my theory. If I order a 16oz steak and they bring me 15oz of bone and 1oz of meat we got a problem. But bring me 15 oz of meat and 1oz of bone and I'll leave with a smile.