Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Marsh hens

Quote Originally Posted by Goin Coastal View Post
    Good job!

The numbers here just haven't seen to be what they usually are this time of year. Hopefully the weather will cool and bring them on down by the 7th.

Yeah I hope there here on the 7th too

Quote Originally Posted by scdiver View Post
    Sweet gun and hens. I can't wait to get back on them in a few weeks.
    Good job!

The numbers here just haven't seen to be what they usually are this time of year. Hopefully the weather will cool and bring them on down by the 7th.
    Quote Originally Posted by hntdvefsh View Post
    Yeah I hope there here on the 7th too
    Y'all can wait. With a 7.1 foot tide a hair after 5:30, I plan to shoot a couple in the morning right at sunrise.

Good luck. Give us a report. In my spot it's only a 6' tomorrow and a 6.4 on the 7th. Starts dropping on the 8th.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    I can eat a bowl of alphabet soup and shit out a thought process better than the vast majority of you clemmings.

Unfortunately here's my report... woken in the middle of the by both kids sick. Up off and on. When the alarm finally went off I wasn't in any shape to get out on the water. I may get a chance to try to bag a few this evening if the tide is high enough.

Sucks that happened. Especially for the kids.
    I can eat a bowl of alphabet soup and shit out a thought process better than the vast majority of you clemmings.

Wound up just slow trolling for trout along the grass with the 3 year old. Had a blast. Her face lighting up when we'd get a bite and her pretend shooting every bird we could flush out of the grass was priceless. Oh, and the marsh hen population seems to be doing just fine here.

They were tight lipped and and in run mode today. The wind kept the water from getting as high as it should've. We worked at it and scratched out 5 in the boat and one we couldn't ever find. After water dropped to low, headed over and managed 7 or so trout and 2 redfish. I thought it was a decent day.

That's a good day. With the wind I opted to sit in a tree and fill a doe tag. I needed to shoot something.

They were tight lipped and and in run mode today. The wind kept the water from getting as high as it should've. We worked at it and scratched out 5 in the boat and one we couldn't ever find. After water dropped to low, headed over and managed 7 or so trout and 2 redfish. I thought it was a decent day.

Yeah it was a a good day me and Paynej had a ball I appreciate it Ralph