Thread: pump

Default pump

How big of a well pump do yall think is needed to flood say 17-18 acres? I have power hook up. Im trying to decide if a little pump running 2 weeks or maybe 2-3 wells running. About 7.5 of it will have to have 2.5' to get 14" on far side of pond. Trying to calculate cost and all now and start the process soon. Thanks
    Most cost effecient. I have access to a 6-10" pump run by fuel but dont have a river to pump from dont want salt water on my crop.

wow
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Try a few months. It really all depends on how much water you have. We are in a similar process right now. Shoot me a PM if you want more info. Last year was an ideal year to pump from the river, this year not so much if you are anywhere near the coast.
    cut\'em

They say the only time a fishermen tells the truth is when he tells you another fisherman is a liar.

PM sent

Do the math. What's the max flow rate of your pump? Here's some basic numbers with lots of assumptions.

Assuming an average depth of 21.2" (you said 30" for about 45% of the field with a minimum depth of 14", so I generated a number. It's arbitrary.)...

Without double checking my math, you'd need 16,160,760 (or 120,890,880 Gallons) of water assuming no evaporation, soil absorption, or other net loss of water. That's assuming a lot. Where are you? How sandy is your soil? Will your soil even allow you to retain water? If the spot won't hold all the rainfall we've been getting, I'd bet it won't hold water if you pump it either.
    Last edited by surfcock; 08-05-2014 at 07:57 PM.

Flooding with salt water probably isn't a good idea like you said. i dont know but I would think that salt water wouldn't be good for your soil for future plantings.
    Last edited by surfcock; 08-05-2014 at 11:47 PM.

Where it is located it hasnt been gettting hardly any of this rain. I swair the rain avoids it!! It will hold water 10 years ago is was dreged into and we had them leave the boards in it held water for 2 months then we drained after season.

Do any of yall know much about wells being put in and pumps? If so Pm me I have a few questions

Here is a calculator to find your gallon amount in a pond

http://www.vertexwaterfeatures.com/a...ume-calculator

looking at between 10.5 and 12 million not including saturation factor. The ground on one side is higher then the other just not sure exact how much

About 8 acres will be 2.5' to flood the other side im guessing 12" deep. so 9-10 acres will be 12" maybe a little more maybe 18"

thats a lot of water!!! remember the power bill cost to lol

is it tidal?