Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Spring 2014....

Sony Handycam HD.....
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

I throughly enjoyed watching that. Any plans for a video of kill shots?
    "My resume is the trail of destruction behind me. " Bucky Katt

Awesome footage. Really enjoyed it.
    Member of the Tenth Legion Since 2004

well done, I enjoyed that a lot too

Quote Originally Posted by flockbuster View Post
    I throughly enjoyed watching that. Any plans for a video of kill shots?
    I had full intention to video kills this season but capturing quality video is a lot more difficult than you think!
    The first clip on the swamp edge was a close one but for me to shoot that first bird that was all up in by business I had to bring the gun over the camera without getting busted by the other two stutters bringing up the rear.
    I don't like to educate birds if I can help it so I ran the camera and got some awesome stuff.
    The three birds that rolled in to the decoys were at 18 steps and RebelYell's 10YO girl couldn't get the shot cause the swung around and she was out of position on a shooting stick.
    The strutter that gobbled at the end of the field got a pass cause a hen behind me busted me making a camera adjustment.
    The bird that walked by me at thirty yards through the pine woods was dead to right but I wasn't after him even though it would have made a great kill shot on camera.
    So, as you can see I was close to several kill shots but a lot can change the momentum in the turkey woods.
    I have gotten them before, it just didn't happen this year.
    I will press hard to put together some good stuff next season for sure.
    I have a very nice tripod which is essential and a quality external mic I got for this season and you can definitely tell...it's sweet!
    Also have a zoom attached to the camera...
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

Nobody caught the fart blooper @ the 19 minute mark?

yea at the end of a call sequence. I laughed

Some of them turkeys had some beautiful gobbles on them. The ones in the burnt pines sounded incredible when they first popped out of the thicker stuff. Getting them close and watching them is most of the fun anyway. Thanks for putting it together and sharing. Love all the bird sounds. That mike is the shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Greco View Post
    That mike is the shit.
    not even close to cali's name

but I agree on all other accounts
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!

Quote Originally Posted by Calibogue View Post
    Nobody caught the fart blooper @ the 19 minute mark?
    fartastic

that was a good one.

my son farted the entire time his first bird was coming to us. guess what, same thing happened on the second bird. he will giggle like hell before shooting a deer and apparently farts like hell before killing a turkey

works for me
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!

Loved every minute of it.

I didn't realize you were the camera man and the shooter when I asked if you had plans for a kill shot video. I figured as on them as you were there was a pile of dead turkeys. I can see I would screw up the video and the shooting if I was trying to do both. I have enough trouble keeping it together when all I have to do is shoot him. Again, heck of a video.
    "My resume is the trail of destruction behind me. " Bucky Katt

Most of this video I had another hunter with me except that first on on the swamp edge.
    I killed that strutter off camera after what you just saw....just couldn't get into position to shoot and video.
    I killed four birds this year and not a one of em on video....sometimes it's hard to make yourself take the gun and camera!

Quote Originally Posted by Greco View Post
    Some of them turkeys had some beautiful gobbles on them. The ones in the burnt pines sounded incredible when they first popped out of the thicker stuff. Getting them close and watching them is most of the fun anyway. Thanks for putting it together and sharing. Love all the bird sounds. That mike is the shit.
    I hunted those birds for 2.5 days the week before seasons end and finally killed the man.
    They (four LB's) gobbled hard and were hanging tight together all the while!

Good push around the 19:00 mark! lol Great video all around. Yall got em!
    I'm like a duck: calm above the water, and paddling like hell underneath....

The fart was classic. Great video Cali!

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by surfcock; 05-11-2014 at 04:42 PM.

Folks, including me, can learn a lot about turkey sounds and activity from that video. When I'm on the gun or calling for someone, I'm so damn shaken up that I don't catch some of that stuff. I ran that thing on my smart TV and it made me horny.
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands