Thread: 14.4

Default 14.4

Definitely separating everyone!

60 calorie row
    50 toes to bar
    40 wall ball 20/14
    30 cleans 135/95
    20 muscle ups

I won't get 1 round because of the muscle ups.
    The right to bear arms is the last form of defense against tyranny.

I was hoping to at least get my hands on the rings. Didn't make it through cleans. 160reps.

My goal is to get to the cleans - I am not likely to see the rings, and have never attempted a MU on the rings. I haven't gotten a straight out bar MU as yet. My front rack/mobility issues are going to be nice on the whole "must finish on the shoulders" standard, but I've made progress, and spent 30 minutes last night rolling about on a LaCrosse Ball, and working on mobility in hopes I can loosen my shoulders as much as possible. Might be giving it a go on Sunday due to kids' ball and work.

This one is going to be a grind.

Quote Originally Posted by carolinaboy06 View Post
    I was hoping to at least get my hands on the rings. Didn't make it through cleans. 160reps.
    What got you? The T2B are going to be the slowest movement for me by far.

Slaya, Just let it roll back onto those fingers then dump it if you can't keep the bar gripped and have it racked.

The row took me about 3:15 ( I set the rower to 6). The toes to bar started out in sets of 2 and 3 but quickly died off. I chose a low pull up bar to use that way I wasn't exerting tons of energy when I wanted to do them 1 at a time. I finally got to where a big kip and knees to the chest helped a ton but still, doing them one at a time is what I had to do. They took a while, and I didn't look at time. When I got to wall balls, I did 10, stepped back, got my composure, knocked out 5 more, repeat, and then it was 2 and 3 at a time. I got to the bar and had a little of a minute I think. Granted, we did just do a workout on Wednesday that had 125 situps in it and that wasn't helping T2B.

Hahahaha! Long 14 minutes.

I figure if I can get 1 cal/pull and I usually get 12+/- meters per pull and I usually row around a 1:40 500m then the row part should take me 2-2:30 ish. T2B is the unknown. 2 min? 3? Don't really know. 40 wallballs is roughly 1/3 of Karen and I have a 7:10 Karen time so I'm thinking 2:30 for those so now we're at 8 minutes not counting transition times so we'll round that to 9. 5 minutes to do 30 cleans as fast as possible to get as low a tie break time as I can, high five the rings then go drankin'.

Last night included 80 reps of GHD situps, and it will be interesting to see how that affects TTB. We've done a few chippers of late with high reps of Wall Balls, including the past Open one with 150 WBs, DUs, etc., so I'm hoping I can guage pacing those fairly well based on that, but wonder how much gas I'll have left after the row and 50 TTB!

Coaching Ball tonight, so I have to skip out on the Friday night gathering with the 3 gyms in Columbia. Will be tomorrow or maybe even Sunday before I get to try 14.4, which should give me a little rest ahead of it.

I'm about ready to get after 14.5, get through with this crap, and back to business as usual at the box. I got work to do, but I already knew that.

180 reps, got to rings at 13:30, the rings still elude me.
    "You are Citadel Men, you have no pension for failure, you wear the Ring, you never let a friend down, you will be good fathers, husbands, and leaders in the armed forces and industry, you are strong in heart, body, and mind. You protect such things as Honor and Fidelity. Your virtues matter not only in wealth, but in the richness of family, you are the last of the knights."
    - late President Ronald Reagan

180 is good work, Bugbuster. Looks like I'll take my run at it Monday, since they cancelled Open Gym tomorrow.

I think the best we had at our box was 192.

180 with a 13:42 tie break time. We've had 3 make it back to the rower.