Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: KOAs

When I did my post cancer ride on the motorcycle to the Grand Tetons and back I stayed in KOA's (or past KOA's) every night except 2 because I was late pulling in and just didn't feel like setting up camp. Found out quickly that with my AAA discount I could stay in a cabin for 2 to 3 dollars more than a tent site if they were available, usually were.

Don't forget state parks or BLM land, both are usually cheap to camp on. BLM is primitive camping if she will handle that for a night. In Utah I camped on the side of a cliff with Native American hieroglyphs next to the Colorado Rivier for $8. There was a toilet with walls but no roof. It was kind of cool sitting on the pot looking up at the stars, you tend to get all philosophical in moments like that.

I would just camp on NF/NP and BLM land if it were just me, but I'm pretty sure she's going to want access to a shower.
    Man and other animals were first vegetarians; then Noah and his sons were given permission to eat meat: “every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you” Genesis 9:3

"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold

I would want her to have access to a shower as well. Pro tip. Do with it as you will.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNXIZuIBJKs[/ame]

Last edited by quackaddict; 01-30-2014 at 06:37 PM.
    Man and other animals were first vegetarians; then Noah and his sons were given permission to eat meat: “every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you” Genesis 9:3

"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold

stayed at KOA's many many times while fishing bass tourneys- used to split the cabin cost with a fellow angler- nice to have a lockable cabin thats rain proof with access to showers and laundry for little money.

if you're looking at tents we bought the coleman instant tent- sets up or packs up in 1 minute by only 1 person- used 2 years now and love it.