Thread: Walther Farms to draw from Edisto River

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I'm also not against the farm itself. But I surely don't like the amount of water they are going to suck out of the river to irrigate. Our hunting club is directly across the river from where they are clearing now. My uncle and another good friend of mine are two of the logging crews in there. They can't cut fast enough to keep up with the guys clearing. I strongly urge anyone who cares about whats happening and what will happen as a result of that much water being taken out of the river to join Friends of the Edisto and voice your concerns. Power is in numbers and if enough people fight this thing we might be able to save something a lot of us have enjoyed growing up and still enjoy it!

I'm not against the farm either, but am totally against what they are doing near the rivers edge and their proposed water withdrawal numbers. This thing has disaster written all over it. According to what I've learned they will employ 10 people....... Like I said earlier. Go to the FRED and Edisto Concerns Facebook pages( I don't think you need an account to view) There are several videos of the new area that are current and recent pics of other areas these people have already decimated. Aiken county and dehec allowed this to happen and somehow they kept this thing under the radar back in March , so by the time the equipment came rolling in the option to protest was gone, which I feel was a planned move.
    Malo periculosam libertatem quam quietum servitium. -

I prefer liberty with danger, to peace with slavery.