Thread: Texas coast

Default Texas coast

Any suggestions on guides? Looking to go for a week and do some diver hunting

Bay Flats
    Man and other animals were first vegetarians; then Noah and his sons were given permission to eat meat: “every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you” Genesis 9:3

"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold

Default Texas coast

Bay flats.

Accommodations, food, the whole setup is jam up. Tall fella named Jason was our guide for two days of cast and blast. Had a great time. Not cheap but you will not leave unhappy.
    piss on china, the country and the dishes. I can stack dishes any where, instruments of death deserve a special place.

Default Re: Texas coast

Quote Originally Posted by quackaddict View Post
    Bay Flats
    X3......

Sent from my S4 via Tapatalk

Bay Flats sucked to me. They didnt even carry us out like they were suppose to and picked us up way too early. I found one called Lawbreakers in Port Aransas that was awesome! They keep you out til you are limited out and let you shoot their limit too.

You probly orta delete that last sentence.
    Tyler Simmons wasn’t offsides. 1-9-2018
    Isaiah Bond didn’t catch the ball. 12-2-2023

Default Texas coast

Quote Originally Posted by ducksmoker View Post
    Bay Flats sucked to me. They didnt even carry us out like they were suppose to and picked us up way too early. I found one called Hired Gun in Port Aransas that was awesome! They keep you out til you are limited out and let you shoot their limit too.
    Sounds like you had a different experience.

The pintails were hard to come by when I was down there ( which is not the norm ) and so we watched several groups landing a long ass ways through the marsh. He said hey man it's up to you so I made the call to set up on them the next day and he, myself and my dad hauled decoys and a bunch of brush a long ways through the marsh so we could get setup early on a small pothole they were dropping in.

He went out of his way both fishing and hunting to make sure we had our fill. Granted dad couldn't shoot for shit and hard time catching the larger reds, but hey the guide can't aim and pull the trigger for you.
    piss on china, the country and the dishes. I can stack dishes any where, instruments of death deserve a special place.

Quote Originally Posted by cut em' View Post
    Sounds like you had a different experience.

The pintails were hard to come by when I was down there ( which is not the norm ) and so we watched several groups landing a long ass ways through the marsh. He said hey man it's up to you so I made the call to set up on them the next day and he, myself and my dad hauled decoys and a bunch of brush a long ways through the marsh so we could get setup early on a small pothole they were dropping in.

He went out of his way both fishing and hunting to make sure we had our fill. Granted dad couldn't shoot for shit and hard time catching the larger reds, but hey the guide can't aim and pull the trigger for you.
    Yep totally diff experience. He told us he wasn't going to take us out bc there was a ballgame he wanted to watch. This being after we had it lined up for 4 months and drove 18-19 hours out there. That's how i found the cocksuckers that break let us break the law. I will post pics tomorrow of their success with us. We limited on pintails, red heads and widgeon for 4 days straight.

X100 on bay flats TJ guided us.

Quote Originally Posted by ducksmoker View Post
    Yep totally diff experience. He told us he wasn't going to take us out bc there was a ballgame he wanted to watch. This being after we had it lined up for 4 months and drove 18-19 hours out there. That's how i found Hired Gun. I will post pics tomorrow of their success with us. We limited on pintails, red heads and widgeon for 4 days straight.
    We did this at Bay flats everyday

Y'all stayed back and watched a ballgame or limited on pintails, red heads and wigeon?

Funny thing is we did both!

Well fuckyeah

Bay flats is worth every penny. Food is almost better than the hunting!

Thanks fellas

Bay flats. TJ is the man.

And there came a voice to him, Rise, Peter; kill, and eat.

Acts 10:13