Thread: Hunt Test in S.C. in August

I thought I had seen a post a few weeks back that one of the retriever clubs in the low country was holding a club trial sometime in August. If so does anyone know where, when, and what time it starts. Can I asume anyone can come and watch. I am just interested in seeing what goes on. I have hunted labs and trained my on for 20+ years. I have a dog in training with Chris Bishop now, he has had him for about a year. I joined the PRC and attended one training day at Cooper Black in the spring. There is not much activity I know in the summer months but I am thinking about maybe getting involved in the fall.

jmh

Go to www.Charlestonretrieverclub.com all the details of our August Club trial are there. You are welcome to come and watch or run a dog. You can PM me if you have other questions or see the CRC Club trial thread here.
    An average hunt becomes great with a good dog

shezam...I can't imagine running in a test in August...if there were more than a handful of dogs involved.
    If you don't know me how could I offend you?

If you are not a member of Delta or DU then you are living on duck welfare.

We had more than a handful about 50 entries and had a great time. Plenty of shade to park the dogs in and a little afternoon thunderstorm really cooled it off. Second year in a row we had a club trial in August and it worked both times. You just have to have a place that isn't out in the middle of an open field. We ran land early and moved to water before noon. Finished by 3:00 and presented ribbons. See some of the other posts on the event.
    An average hunt becomes great with a good dog