Thread: ARGO ATV ???

Default ARGO ATV ???

Are they any good/worth the price? Looking for some input on these things. Only seen one in Arkansas but it has been a while. New land we are looking at has A Lot of water on it. Was thinking about maybe getting one since you can use them to cross deep water. Was thinking that the 8 wheel ones might be better since they have the cargo bed in the back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Birddawg View Post
    I dont know how it was done. For all I know that weird bastard that determined it's gender licked it.

I've been seeing a good bit of those for sale local on clist.
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Indeed, yet I have killed no Jack Miners today, this month, or this season as our boy DHall has. I am more jealous of his awesome pig of a bird than everyone else combined.

First Peter 5:7 "Cast all your care upon God"

If you have deep water that you will be crossing they are nice. I bought one several years ago to use in swamps/impoundments and I think I've used it twice. Most 4-wheelers with aftermarket tires will do what the Argo does with the exception of deep water. Mine is a 6 wheel, small bed, 2 seater. Definitely go with the 8 wheel for the added room.

ProTip: They don't work so well in a heavy current.

Go with the 8 wheels and put the tracks on it. If you are going to be in water deep enough to float it get a trolling motor for it. And a little winch on the front.

They are great for what they are designed for. They are a very specialized machine. They can be used for a bunch of things but won't really be great for any of them.

And keep spare drive belts on board at all times. You can buy good replacements at NAPA as opposed to the overpriced ARGO brand.

I have an older 6 wheel model. Its slow. Very slow. It will go well in swamps, pond and very slow moving water. It will also get stuck!!!!!!
    If you get in souppy mud it will belly out and float on top of the mud than you have to get pulled out. no suspension except for the tires and seat cushion. Drive belts are a maintance item. They dont like to pull heavy loads. the tracks are nice but make steering a little more difficult. They are front heavy with the engine mounted in the front. Again they are slow!!!!!

We use them quite a bit. They will get the job done when a 4wheeler can't. As stated, they are slow, and when they get stuck, you will discover a whole new level of suck...

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    We use them quite a bit. They will get the job done when a 4wheeler can't. As stated, they are slow, and when they get stuck, you will discover a whole new level of suck...

Haha I can only imagine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Birddawg View Post
    I dont know how it was done. For all I know that weird bastard that determined it's gender licked it.