Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: ever been stung by a stingray?

Here's a picture of 2fer's vaginal sore.

I told y'all he was a pussy.
    "Freedom Isn't Free"
    _Spc. Thomas Caughman
    1983-2004

Quote Originally Posted by Dook View Post
    Go tigers!

It ain't got puss runnin out of it has it? Barb ain't broke off in ya is it? Just kiddin 2th. Looks not too awful bad.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

In person it is somewhat squishy and moves side to side........it's pretty wierd looking.

its still swollen. no redness. no pus. its been a month. I am thinking there is a foreign body in there. Likely a small piece of the barb. My faithful system will be sure to wall it off and push it out, in due course....
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Horseshit.

Murphy's Law says that it'll stay in there just so we have to listen to you bitch about your mini HIV infection forever.
    "Freedom Isn't Free"
    _Spc. Thomas Caughman
    1983-2004

Go tigers!

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    its still swollen. no redness. no pus. its been a month. I am thinking there is a foreign body in there. Likely a small piece of the barb. My faithful system will be sure to wall it off and push it out, in due course....
    In high school, I had a party in the beach house. A glass got knocked over, and broken. Drunken kids running around didnt care much for that jagged cup standing up on the coffee table. I jumped over the coffee table, and my leg landed on the jagged edge.

FFWD a few months, the wound never healed. I was in Ms. Halls Civics class, and picking at the scab for the hundredth time.

The scab came off, I noticed a puss pocket inside it. I squeezed and out popped this little gooey ball, that bounced on the floor.

I had to investigate it, and squeezed. Inside that hard puss, was a sliver of glass.

I thought it was cool as shit.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

I see some sticky stuff left from the bandaid. It's nice that you cover it up before you stick your hands in others mouths..

With a stingray its not poison ha ha ha got a good laugh out of that, it does not inject poison like a snake or lion fish. However it is the mucus like goo on the body that it secretes through the skin. This mucus or slime rapidly speeds up the growth of the gang green bacteria that naturally lives on our skin. Best remedy is Very Hot water and soap then a healthy dose of alcohol or peroxide in the wound for a few days. Then just let it scab over and heal. Yes make sure nothing is broke off in wound. I dont cut my line on most any fish I have been nailed a few times by the ol jabber sting rays have it happens time to time when you catch enough fish and dont cut the line things like this are bound to happen. The feeling of light headed and uneasy stomach is anxiety I would guess. I do not recall ever feeling these symptoms.

2th is a pussy.... and an asshole.
    "Freedom Isn't Free"
    _Spc. Thomas Caughman
    1983-2004

Go tigers!

2th is a pansy....and DavidRobinson doesn't know what the hell he's talking about....

Quote Originally Posted by duckcrazed View Post
    2th is a pansy....and DavidRobinson doesn't know what the hell he's talking about....
    He lost me at Gang Green...

Default ever been stung by a stingray?

When is stingray week?

You could make a sweet commercial for it. A giant stingray tail comes sweeping though a dentist's office, narrowly missing the patient lying prone on the chair, but it impales the dentist through the heart and beats him against the wall...

That would be sweet for sure

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    You could make a sweet commercial for it. A giant stingray tail comes sweeping though a dentist's office, narrowly missing the patient lying prone on the chair, but it impales the dentist through the heart and beats him against the wall...
    Sounds entertaining enough....

I suggest you do your research Duckcrazed before you start pointing your finger stating someone does not know what they are talking about. I unlike the majority of people in the low country have been around these waters nearly all of my life. So why dont you make a call or to or better yet go to fort johnson or to the NOAA office and find out the facts. Some of the company on this forum has gone down hill recently!

Quote Originally Posted by DavidRobinson View Post
    I suggest you do your research Duckcrazed before you start pointing your finger stating someone does not know what they are talking about. I unlike the majority of people in the low country have been around these waters nearly all of my life. So why dont you make a call or to or better yet go to fort johnson or to the NOAA office and find out the facts. Some of the company on this forum has gone down hill recently!
    Whatever you say "Nanny Slayer"...
    "Freedom Isn't Free"
    _Spc. Thomas Caughman
    1983-2004

Go tigers!

Seek "Professional" Medical care Toofer. We only have one dentist here. If you expire, it will be on Glenn to give out the gingivitis remedies..

That will leave a dandy scar.

Quote Originally Posted by turbo View Post
    Here's a picture of 2fer's vaginal sore.

I told y'all he was a pussy.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

T
    No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it.

conservation permit holder

NBK Pro-staff

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    If I read 'mousetrap' in one more fishing thread I'm punching a puppy.

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Screw a stingray. I had a saltwater catfish knock me out like Mike Tyson when I ran his barb in my thumb. Henceforth, all stinger equipped critters get a line cutting. I have plenty of hooks...
    Had the same thing happen to me when one I was cleaning slipped off the hook I was cleaning him on and the top barb went into my index knuckle.......hand swole up big enough to split.

I wish I could breathe life back in him, if I could I'd hunt him again tomorrow. - Ben Rodgers Lee

www.springallurecustomcalls.com

https://www.facebook.com/springallure.customcalls/