Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Pixie Dust

Quote Originally Posted by nitro5x6's View Post
    LOL!!!!!!

When I mash the button of death , I expect to smash beaks, knock out eyes and walk up to that ugly bastard to see his head spraying like a hose nozzle........... Is that considered OVERKILL??

No such a damned thing IMHO..
    Agreed if that's your aim. Just saying dead is dead at some point and another extra pellets don't make a difference other than more mess. No doubt the TSS is lethal and performs well for you. The pattern pictured has voids, looks over choked (holes) even with the amount of pellet holes, at least IMO.

Some reloaders were talking up TSS over on OG a couple years back. Pretty much said there was no excuse for not reloading and using it as the per shell cost was not a factor. Then I asked for an itemized list of all the reloading equipment needed along with components. Seems it's a substantial undertaking and a hobby in itself. Hevi fits my 5 bird season (and budget) better because I've got plenty of hobbies already.

I know I yank a trigger once in a blue moon when the excitement is high and/or I get all twisted around the tree on a circling tom. 40 yards is as far as I need to shoot because my range estimation ability falls off fast past that when seated on my duff against a tree. TSS won't fix any of that for me and I know a red dot didn't either.

Got a friend that missed three toms with his tight shooting 20 this past spring. Believe he'd tell you he wished he had his 12 with a wide pattern on those hunts.

I guess what I should have said is that for the average guys like me TSS and tighter patterns are probably past the point of diminishing returns, over kill.
    Worship the LORD, not HIS creation.

"No self respecting turkey hunter would pay $5 for a call that makes a good sound when he can buy a custom call for $80 and get the same sound."-NWiles

If you miss a turkey its no ones fault but your own. Not the gun, not tss. I missed two last year and it wasn't the tss's fault. It was all mine.

I need to get me some of those for my 20.
    Private Land Rubberhead # 1

TSS isn't meant for "average guys". Putting four tail fans together is overkill and past the point of diminishing returns too but it's cool to you. Quite frankly if one uses TSS at this point I can assure they could GAS less about your or anyone else's opinions or input. No difference in you giving a crap less if any of us swoon over your turkey fan mash up mount
    Last edited by GobblerHntr; 07-03-2013 at 08:57 AM.
    You've got one life. Blaze on!

Quote Originally Posted by Spur hunter View Post
    Agreed if that's your aim. Just saying dead is dead at some point and another extra pellets don't make a difference other than more mess. No doubt the TSS is lethal and performs well for you. The pattern pictured has voids, looks over choked (holes) even with the amount of pellet holes, at least IMO.

I guess what I should have said is that for the average guys like me TSS and tighter patterns are probably past the point of diminishing returns, over kill.
    The pattern in the picture is on a 4x4 sheet of paper so the pattern is actually pretty well spread out with the holes coming outside the 20" circle. I understand how it could be deceiving when you do not have anything to go off of for size and to scale by. This is the first TSS shell I have shot out of my gun. And once I load some of my own I will most likely go to a more open choke. This was with a 562. Testing will be fun to do during the off season and figuring out what is right. And I also agree with you for the average guy, TSS is probably not for you, but I'm not the average turkey hunter, I like going into the hunt knowing I have the best performing gun and ammo combiniation available to me and sometimes you have to use above average equiptment and pay above average cost to do that. To each his own
    Member of the Tenth Legion Since 2004

Will,

You are a nasty, bloodthirsty man......

Inflicting pain on a lovesick bird.......how do you live with yourself?? LOL!!

To quote the late, great Cliff Edwards, "We ain't out here to take prisoners"
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Quote Originally Posted by nitro5x6's View Post
    Will,

You are a nasty, bloodthirsty man......

Inflicting pain on a lovesick bird.......how do you live with yourself?? LOL!!

To quote the late, great Cliff Edwards, "We ain't out here to take prisoners"
    Inflicting pain? Sheeeiiiittttt I bet they don't feel a thing
    2013 Spring Turkey Champs

When they make it legal to load a shotgun shell with 2,000 ninja stars, I will do so. Until that day, I will go out of my way to shoot the baddest shit available. Currently, it is TSS.
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

Default Pixie Dust

Quote Originally Posted by squatty View Post
    TSS isn't meant for "average guys". Putting four tail fans together is overkill and past the point of diminishing returns too but it's cool to you. Quite frankly if one uses TSS at this point I can assure they could GAS less about your or anyone else's opinions or input. No difference in you giving a crap less if any of us swoon over your turkey fan mash up mount
    He ain't just some average guy, know that.

I wish I could breathe life back in him, if I could I'd hunt him again tomorrow. - Ben Rodgers Lee

www.springallurecustomcalls.com

https://www.facebook.com/springallure.customcalls/

I know I was being a smart ass
    You've got one life. Blaze on!

Quote Originally Posted by Gut_Pile View Post
    The pattern in the picture is on a 4x4 sheet of paper so the pattern is actually pretty well spread out with the holes coming outside the 20" circle. I understand how it could be deceiving when you do not have anything to go off of for size and to scale by. This is the first TSS shell I have shot out of my gun. And once I load some of my own I will most likely go to a more open choke. This was with a 562. Testing will be fun to do during the off season and figuring out what is right. And I also agree with you for the average guy, TSS is probably not for you, but I'm not the average turkey hunter, I like going into the hunt knowing I have the best performing gun and ammo combiniation available to me and sometimes you have to use above average equiptment and pay above average cost to do that. To each his own
    That explains much and thanks for giving the size reference. When I read 9s I knew there would be a pile of pellet holes. Nice pattern.

"No self respecting turkey hunter would pay $5 for a call that makes a good sound when he can buy a custom call for $80 and get the same sound."-NWiles

Quote Originally Posted by squatty View Post
    No difference in you giving a crap less if any of us swoon over your turkey fan mash up mount
    I can fix you right up with a fan mash up mount. Takes about two weeks with wings. $100 a fan and you supply them.

Since it's hip to show shot up turkey heads then here ya go:

With lead even.
    Last edited by Spur hunter; 07-03-2013 at 09:05 PM.