Thread: Coastal Empire

Who's going to get wet this weekend at Savannah? Doc and Chic are running in Finished.
    An average hunt becomes great with a good dog

How did you do?

Doc passed on Saturday and failed on Sunday. He wouldn't take an over on the water blind. They had a poison diversion bird and 2 shots. Run the blind and then pick up the diversion. Got him passed the diversion w/o problem but he swam down the pond like he was doing a channel blind. I couldn't get him to take the right back, over, or the big over so I called him in. Chic was close on Saturday had a few cast refusals on the water blind that got her. She did well on the land test and I thought she might get a pass but she didn't. On Sunday she hit the wall at about 70 yards and my back casts went left to right, ping pong. She just wouldn't carry the back to the blind that was only about 20 yards away on the bank. Last week she smoked the tough blinds both days at OSHRC and went out because I had to handle her on one mark on both series. This week she picks up the marks and blows the blinds. I guess thats typical of a 16 month old pup. She'll put it together soon.
    An average hunt becomes great with a good dog

She's young but on the right track.As long as you're having fun that is all that counts.