Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Echo or Stihl

Quote Originally Posted by coot nasty View Post
    If its for home use go get a husqvarna!

This! As for blowers, I'm on year 6 with my 150BT backpack blower.

I bought the heavier model due to my desire to use it with various attachments at the hunt club, and I wanted longevity.

The model with the attachments was a waste of money IMHO.

I can get just the head units for half the price of the interchangeable pieces for the shaft, and the amount of work to swap the two out are relatively the same.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Stihl Pro FS 90R. I dont care if its heavy or not. I had one of the Husky weedeaters from lowes and it never ran right. Took it back last week for a refund. I literally threw the damn thing it had me so mad. Prob just a simple carb problem but it was new and I didnt like its feel anyways. Just didnt have the power of the stihl

Stihl FS90R

Bought 2 years ago and haven't done anything to it but put gas in it. With the brush cutting blade I can cut down saplings up to 3" or so with ease.
    *2008 & 2009 Bream World Champion*

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. - Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    "The Gamecocks are hammered dog shit"

I got a big 300 series (I think) Husky, bought from the local small engine shop - it ain't a homeowner's deal from Lowes. All I know is with the blade on, you can hold the gas, and cut a 6" oak tree as long as you don't bind the blade, it'll spin it. Rev it, and bump a 4" gum, and its toast. Runs that .105 line and is a beast. It is not light, either.

From shooting lanes to edgng around the house, it does it all. I use that thing, too, and have never had a minute's problem. I've been as happy with the cutter, as with my old Stihl Chainsaw.

Tanaka

I've had an Echo for over 20 years and it ran great until I thought I'd do a little "preventive maintenance" and clean and rebuild the carb since it was beginning to start a little slow. Apparently it doesn't like you to put in carb rebuild kits because I haven't been able to get it to run since.

Will try again soon as this machine is a horse for homeowner or light commercial use, but in the meantime I picked up a Ryobi Commercial unit for $56 or so at the Ryobi Whse sale in Liberty last week. That one runs fine for now until I get this Echo running again.

For a new one, I'd most likely stick with Echo as I like their balance better than the Stihls, overall.
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'