Thread: mossberg 835

i just bought a mossberg 835 and was wondering how many of you have one and if it's any good. i realize it's to late now to worry about it, but i'm just curious as to what experience yall have had with this gun.
    "JUST BECAUSE I AM NOT A GOOD SPELLER DOESN'T MEAN MY JEAN POLL IS GONNA BE BAD."
    Quote Originally Posted by Mergie Master View Post
    There's evidence coming out...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cottontop74 View Post
    I dabble in a lot of things, but don't get too technical with any of them.

The chamber has a tendancy to rust. People blame the shell sticking on the brass (or nickel) but it is usually rust. Keep it clean and it will do just fine. Turkey model kicks like hell with a 3.5" load in it but it works well.

yeah, well that's the one i got. i've heard that it does kick.
    "JUST BECAUSE I AM NOT A GOOD SPELLER DOESN'T MEAN MY JEAN POLL IS GONNA BE BAD."

I had one 10 years ago. It made Mike Tyson jealous.

I have two words of advice...

Sorbothane
    Mercury

They will be your friend.
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

Ziggy I just bought a used 835 and was wondering if you bought yours new or used and what you paid if you don't mind me asking.I know.....tacky question but curious if I paid too much. I paid $250 and just spent another $40 on accessories.

If everyone used one of these on a good dove hunt, I will promise the long & high chance shots will not happen. This gun will pound your shoulder.
    It's not enough to simply tolerate the 2nd Amendment as an antiquated inconvenience. Caring for the 2nd Amendment means fighting to restore long lost rights.

Hey ya'll - I shot a buddy of mines new Xtrema 2 (Beretta) this morning, and I was impressed. I have always been a Benelli gal, but I may have to convert. Anyone out there have this gun? I like its ability to shoot 2 3/4, 3, and 3 1/2. Please share any thoughts or experience.
    "A wife that cooks and cleans the dishes deserves these three wishes... A grateful mate, a well kissed cheek, and a restaurant dinner at least once a week!" - Pabst Blue Ribbon

I shoot a Beretta AL390, which is a precursor to the Extrema and I love mine. I have shot the extrema some and like it also, I would get one if I could justify spending that much money on a gun that is basically the same as the one I already have. Beretta autoloaders are the best I think.
    \"Cut \'em down boys.\" -Denim Dan

razmataz, i bought mine new, camo, at walmart (yes i know, walmart sucks big time) for 343 exactly. taxes, shipping, everything. got 4 chokes with it and a cable lock.

Sounds like I should have spent a little more $$$ and got new and 3 more chokes
    Oh well.....live and learn

Ziggy, I had one, sold it, and now am going to have another one for turkey season. I shoot a Comp-N-Choke XX full and Winchester HV #5's and it is deadly, or at least, my old one was. I hope I get the same patterning out of the new one. I've seen them on sale for about $289-$325. You'll like it if you can take the pounding at the patterning board. You won't feel it when you're shooting at a turkey. NOW, if you bought it for duck hunting, that may be a different point...You'll feel it somewhat if the weather stays warm (less clothing).
    SHR T&R's Carolina Lucy Girl - Lucy
    SHR Carolina Magic's Max4Camiflage - Cami

tradorion Coots

Was playing with a new 835 the other day at Wally World- I had an 835 early in there production... the new one felt MUCH MUCH smaller- more like a 500.

I was wondering if they went to the 500 frame like the Rem 870 3.5 inch is on the standard 870frame- anybody??? any knowledge??

i bought it for both, and it is getting its first go saturday morning. i think it will do fine. i took it and shot five-stand with it the other day, and damn, that thing shoots the tightest patterns ive ever seen. i had a modified in and it was dusting the targets. does the overbored barrell have anything to do with this?

i have one and it is one load son of a bitch,my buddies shoulda beat my ass when i shot next to them.
    my heart will always be with dixie.

The noise volume is partly due to the barrel porting. Good reliable gun I paid $269 new 5 yrs ago. Kicks like a mule, but deadly.
    Republicans were created in the image of God, but I do believe that Democrats descended from apes.