Thread: Offshore 5/26

Default Offshore 5/26

Left the dock around 2:45 Sunday morning and had lines in at the banks in the dark. Not much action early picking up a dolphin or two. Saw multiple schools of skipjack busting the water, caught and released one. Also saw a billfish free jumping.

Decided to pick up and run to deeper water. Had a blue light up the right flat around 9:30 in 1250' of water. It gave us a nice look coming fully out of the water with the black bart in it's mouth. Buddy who owns the boat picked up the 50w Tiagra and it was on. Fish took a lot of line and we had to chase it down. Got it to the boat, took some pictures, revived it, then watched it swim off. Beautiful fish.

We eventually found a floating 5 gallon bucket and proceeded to load the box with dolphin. Nothing big, mix of slingers and 10-15lb fish. Ended the day with 20 something dolphin.

Great pics

Awesome

Trade you for some brimps I caught Monday.
    Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Go Tigers!

Is that fella's dad in some sort of construction?

Cool pics. Lots of talk about those fish being hooked up on Sunday. Good job.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Quote Originally Posted by SaltMuck View Post
    Trade you for some brimps I caught Monday.
    Wish I was going to be back that way soon! I would be glad to share some filets. I ate my weight in lemon butter grilled dolphin last night. Tonight is fried nuggets and cheese grits.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    Is that fella's dad in some sort of construction?
    Yes, residential.

Quote Originally Posted by dfasano View Post
    Yes, residential.
    I thought so. I did a little scotch tasting with a friend of his, and he came out. I enjoyed joking with him. He was a ball to hang around with.

Passed y'all headed to the dock Sunday. Not a bad haul.

I thought so. I did a little scotch tasting with a friend of his, and he came out. I enjoyed joking with him. He was a ball to hang around with.
    Yep, he's a damn good man.

Quote Originally Posted by Whackumstackum View Post
    Passed y'all headed to the dock Sunday. Not a bad haul.
    We stopped at the edisto marina to weigh in, went down to EWT to fill the boat up, then stopped back by the marina to find out the results.

Were you in a bluewater? Think i've seen you mention that boat before and vaguely remember seeing a bluewater by the marina. I was about half lit.

Yep, he's a damn good man.
    We joked around about fishing, and he talked about going with his son, or if I wanted to go. Our mutual friend lined it up on a Monday night in Camden at our cabin, and try to get people to come out taste scotch on a Monday.. He walked in filled up a glass of some single malt and sat on our deck looking at the river. I knew I liked him.

We stopped at the edisto marina to weigh in, went down to EWT to fill the boat up, then stopped back by the marina to find out the results.

Were you in a bluewater? Think i've seen you mention that boat before and vaguely remember seeing a bluewater by the marina. I was about half lit.
    Yup. I was past half tight myself, lots of beer drinking time between Charleston and Edisto running down the waterway.

We joked around about fishing, and he talked about going with his son, or if I wanted to go. Our mutual friend lined it up on a Monday night in Camden at our cabin, and try to get people to come out taste scotch on a Monday.. He walked in filled up a glass of some single malt and sat on our deck looking at the river. I knew I liked him.
    I assume the mutual friend is DL?

He tagged along tarpon fishing with us one morning last summer when we caught two. Sat on the gunnel and smoked a cigar.

I assume the mutual friend is DL?

He tagged along tarpon fishing with us one morning last summer when we caught two. Sat on the gunnel and smoked a cigar.
    Hahahha, cousin D. That's all he does when he comes down with us.

Got a few more pics from Sunday. These are my favorite.