Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Palmetto Trail Progress - March 3, 2013

The AT doesn't go through SC it starts/ends in Georgia and goes into NC then hugs the NC/TN border for miles before going into Vagina. Yes I know I did that on purpose
    You've got one life. Blaze on!

I don't remember where I heard this but there are more people that have summit'ed Mount Everst than have through-hiked the Appalachian Trail - it's not easy.
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

Quote Originally Posted by Rubberhead* View Post

I’ve got 141 contiguous miles behind me from Awendaw from Pack’s Landing and some of the most interesting hiking ahead of me including the Wateree, High Hills and mountain passages but I’m not looking forward to 16 miles across Fort Jackson…
    The part across Ft. Jackson essentially runs parallel to Leesburg. Rd. Not a whole lot to look at as you hear the buzzing of traffic. There are a few cool little small areas. I use to work out at McCrady Training Center. There is a little mile long loop that runs off the Palmetto and travels around Colonel Creek. It has an outdoor classroom area in the middle of it. It was created by us and volunteers and part of National Public Land's Day. The couple years I was there we had kids come out and plant pollinator gardens. Deer whipped out a lot of the stuff and the we planted in some poor soil and were dry. I doubt there is a whole lot left. We also started putting in fitness stations. Not exactly sure what the guys I worked with have done with it within the past few years.

We also started re-clearing and cleaning up the the section of the Palmetto that runs through McCrady. There were a couple high ranking guardsman that wanted to be able to ride bicycles on it.

Speaking of the AT, if you want to read a good book about it, pick up "A Walk in the Woods" by Bill Bryson.
    Man and other animals were first vegetarians; then Noah and his sons were given permission to eat meat: “every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you” Genesis 9:3

"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold

Quote Originally Posted by quackaddict View Post
    Speaking of the AT, if you want to read a good book about it, pick up "A Walk in the Woods" by Bill Bryson.
    That's what gave me the idea to do the Palmetto Trail. Or was it that I was considering the PT and bought Bryson's book? I really can't remember which came first. But, yeah, that's a fun book, albeit, a little politically correct.
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.