Thread: rain

Default rain

This rain has sure messed up my construction schedules- getting further and further behind.

Also has screwed up our logging deck clearing and spring planting at the club. Needed that done before the turkey hunting cut off.

I hate February.
    Sea Ark 1542 w/ Yamaha 40
    Xpress 16 w/ 50 Hammer
    War Eagle 15 w/ 30 Hammer

--------------------------------------------------

"Sometimes you gotta grab the bull by the horns and the women by the tits and take charge in your life" - General Patton

"I'm very drunk and I intend on getting still drunker before this evening's over."
    - Rhett Butler

My backyard has a river flowing through it from the houses up the hill running down and not having french drains like I do.

have ran out of projects under the shed and our construction schedule is dropping behind also.ready for some sunshine here. tv is boring after awhile

Quote Originally Posted by Buckin Bronco View Post
    I hate February.
    ....and January. I swear I go into a state of depression this time every year.

People are odd, Bitch when ya get rain and bitch when ya dont!

Quote Originally Posted by Smilee View Post
    People are odd, Bitch when ya get rain and bitch when ya dont!
    This, Let it come.......we haven't seen this much rain around the house in 4-5 years.........we need it and its welcome.......The ponds and bays around the house are finally holding water, that my friend is a welcomed sight. Its also gonna make for an interesting turkey season.........birds will actually have water to roost over.

I wish I could breathe life back in him, if I could I'd hunt him again tomorrow. - Ben Rodgers Lee

www.springallurecustomcalls.com

https://www.facebook.com/springallure.customcalls/

Quote Originally Posted by ccleroy View Post
    this, let it come.......we haven't seen this much rain around the house in 4-5 years.........we need it and its welcome.......the ponds and bays around the house are finally holding water, that my friend is a welcomed sight. Its also gonna make for an interesting turkey season.........birds will actually have water to roost over.
    i was thinking the same thing....

Saw an old dude in a field with a pile of lumber stacked up and lord only knows how many animals lined up 2x2 waiting on him to finish building.
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

Default Re: rain

Yea lemme tell ya its been a blast trying to get landscaping and irrigation done in this mess. Most of my customers are understanding though. Work is starting to pile up, but this rain is great.

Heck ive never seen the pond at the farm full before and its over the banks. Remember water is the giver of life. Before you know it, it will be dry and hot as hell and we will all be saying "man i wish it was cooler" and "we really could use some rain."
    Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
    piss on china, the country and the dishes. I can stack dishes any where, instruments of death deserve a special place.

Quote Originally Posted by ccleroy View Post
    This, Let it come.......we haven't seen this much rain around the house in 4-5 years.........we need it and its welcome.......The ponds and bays around the house are finally holding water, that my friend is a welcomed sight. Its also gonna make for an interesting turkey season.........birds will actually have water to roost over.
    Word.

Bring it on.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

ya'll obviously still earn a paycheck when it rains.

we all know rain is necessary but we don't need it all at once.

as my grandpa said, never look a gift horse in the mouth. i'll take the rain any way we can get it.
    "JUST BECAUSE I AM NOT A GOOD SPELLER DOESN'T MEAN MY JEAN POLL IS GONNA BE BAD."
    Quote Originally Posted by Mergie Master View Post
    There's evidence coming out...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cottontop74 View Post
    I dabble in a lot of things, but don't get too technical with any of them.

I get paid rain or shine. I have worked in construction long enough to respect weather.

I'm not saying I hate rain, I just hate cold february rain. I can deal with summer rain.
    Sea Ark 1542 w/ Yamaha 40
    Xpress 16 w/ 50 Hammer
    War Eagle 15 w/ 30 Hammer

--------------------------------------------------

"Sometimes you gotta grab the bull by the horns and the women by the tits and take charge in your life" - General Patton

"I'm very drunk and I intend on getting still drunker before this evening's over."
    - Rhett Butler

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Habit View Post
    ya'll obviously still earn a paycheck when it rains.

we all know rain is necessary but we don't need it all at once.

Most of my family still farms.

If it didnt rain, we didnt make a check.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

This rain has fucked the McDonalds job in santee. With the deadline in three weeks its gonna b tight!
    Uncle john: Weston why did u shoot?
    Weston: because they was in my face!