Thread: 8"6' gator

Default 8"6' gator

Killed my first lizard tonight in the lowcountry...shot a 9-10 footer with the bow. Battled for 20 minutes, then the line went slack. The barb came out of him, I almost puked I was so mad. Not 10 min later we are able to redeem ourselves. Ease up on a pair of eyes and he presents a perfect shot off the left side of the boat. We get an arrow in him..he runs like hell and we give chase. Get the buoy back in the boat and start working in line. He comes up and presents a good shot with the harpoon. Stick him in the neck and now we know we got him. He goes back under for a few minutes before we work him back up boat side and put a round in his neck. Gaff him, tape his mouth, and cut his spinal cord. Then dance around like a bunch of girls. I would say I'm hooked, but I was hooked a long time ago. Just glad we could finally get one in the boat after so many disappointments in the past two years chasing these bastards.

BigBallin is offline prognosticator of prognosticators

what area yall in?
    You can grow up to be just like me....

Good job, you will never forget the first one!
    Let's Fish www.carolinaaeromarine.com Or dip something www.tntcustomcamo.com

*yes, Capt Toms yankee ass did show me a new trick in my own backyard*-- CYPRESNEAK

Quote Originally Posted by BigBallin View Post
    what area yall in?
    Zone 8 for ga....southern coastal for Carolina. Burned the ga tag last night