Thread: New boat did great

BigBallin is offline prognosticator of prognosticators

Default New boat did great

Finally got the lil bream wackin, wood duck bustin, red fishin, ditch boat out for the first time. I am happy to say I got less than 500 bucks in it like it sits and it will be a well used part of the arsenal. Doesn't quite get on plane with my fat arse in it but moves good enough with the 4.5. Has a small leak I need to run down but nothin a bailin sponge cant take care of for the present. This thing really surprised me at how stable it was. Me and another person was able to stand up and bream fish without it being too terribly shaky. Pretty solid for 12 1/2 foot. Hope to put up lots of pics of it full of blood n scales.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    You can grow up to be just like me....

Kinda miss mine
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

I want one.

needs a 9.9 and you be rollin

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Habit View Post
    needs a 9.9 and you be rollin
    15 years ago it woulda had a 15 horse....or maybe a 20.....Now I don't mind leavin a tad earlier and gettin there with a lil more fuel in the tank and a lot less troubles....You are right though...I think it would fly with a 9.9.

I really miss mine as well. Can't wait to get another. Just need to find one at a deal to get the old lady to approve.
    Give,Give,Give

i had an 8 on mine it was perfect. ran about 22 with me. I put a 15 on it and it would do 27. It was scary though
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

Is that a gheenoe? Looks like a sweet little setup!

Quote Originally Posted by surfcock View Post
    Is that a gheenoe? Looks like a sweet little setup!
    Very similar....Its a riverhawk....they call it the 13'Original.....fairly cheaply made....hull is decent but the seats suck as well as the livewell drain system but for the price I can definately work out the flaws on my own....Gonna head up to the upper lake Friday in her...Its fun fer sure

I regret ever letting my parents get rid of the one we had when I was a kid. 13.5' RH with a 3hp Johnson. That thing was tough and stable.