Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: prayers please

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    You must have slipped him tranquilizer.
    Or his weener.

its a wonder i still am nice to you people....

started at my place with the same old birds hammering on the creek. as per protocol, they all flew to the other side. we decided to move up the property. Connor, my 11yr old, enjoys the chase but sitting still for hours on end is a challenge. You might wonder where he gets it from....but I digress. We were in the golf cart, checking some bottoms and made our way to the "camp site" when a bird gobbled on his own. this spot is a big bluff that goes down to the swamp at the creek and the bird was at the bottom of the hill. we settled in behind a fallen tree and listened to him hammering away down there before deciding to belly crawl to the edge to get a look. Well, there he is...all puffed up....and not moving an inch. I got connor up next to me and let him peek up to take a look. I knew the bird was a bit far for the 20ga but we had a go at it, anyway. The branches shook all around that bird but he rolled over and took a few steps and took flight. We went down there to look around. No feathers. No blood. Hindsight...maybe DOOK should've crawled over to take the shot with the 12ga? Who knows...but at least connor got close even though he knew it was a poke for the 20.

so....we take connor home and head up to fairfield. got there about 11. some idiot member had been sitting in the "dove field" since daylight so we went to another zone and started walking. Once we got down by a new clearcut where my boys and I had heard some gobbling on youth day, we decided to set up. we got settled and i pulled out the ol' wingbone yelper. It only took a few calls before he sounded off in the bottom. a few minutes later, and he gobbles up in the clearcut. I worried about him being with hens and going on up the hill like they had the week prior, so I gave him some sweet love talk on the pot call and he gobbled again. a few short minutes later, and i see a shitton of movement out of the corner of my eye and its DOOK shouldering his gun. I whisper to him to "wait wait wait" (because i couldnt see the bird yet) and finally i hear the drumming and the gobbler steps up on a little rise on the edge of the road and goes back into strut. He goes behind a big tree and out the other side before I had to shoot him. Damn, I was sure this was THE MAN by the size of him and the length of the beard. Even dook said to me, "that's a nice one" although it turned out only to have 7/8s inch spurs. Weird. 19lb2oz and an 11.75+" paintbrush.

thanks to dook for not shooting....
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Well praise the Lord ya'll actually killed something. Sounds like it was a nice hunt as well. Congrats to the Two lovers.
    RIP Kelsey "Bigdawg" Cromer
    12-26-98 12-1-13

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Missing you my great friend.

MC is offline Daydreamer Extraordinaire

I'm going to leave this one alone other than to point out there sure were a lot of golf cart tire tracks in doughnut and figure eight patterns in the mud when the sun came up Saturday morning. That and what also appeared to be 2 sets of boot tracks, one of which appeared to be..."skipping".

Dook for future reference, there is a box of shells loaded with rock salt in the cabinet by the sign-in book. Feel free to help yourself to some next time.

God MC, please tell me you are NOT in a club wif Toofer, please????????
    RIP Kelsey "Bigdawg" Cromer
    12-26-98 12-1-13

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Missing you my great friend.

I learned something today.

post the pics dentite, dang.

MC--we got halfway to zone 3 and I forgot my dip. or was it my phone. turned around. went back. got to the top of the hill and set up in that clover patch...then headed down the hill and got on that bird. sure am glad I didnt try taking the truck like gene. that red clay is hell....
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Going from Richland, to fairfield, and then on to Saluda and edgefield, yall are fortunate in the way of rain. Walked in mud all day on friday, and saturday there it was dry as a friggin bone, damn dusty, night and day.

fuck some sticky assed red clay, although it makes me taller, that shit sucks to walk in.

and MC we were doing donuts after we stole the beer....