Thread: 4-22-05

Fished the Waccamaw today around Conway. Did fairly well. 18 keepers but they really didn't start until about lunch time. Go figure. Caught 'em real shallow so I guess the beddins' about on. Big ones are on the shallow flats. They're not biting hard either, just sort of swimming away with the cricket. 18 is not much at all but it's a mess waiting for hot grease.
    "Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear - not absence of fear." Mark Twain

Bummer,
    Did yall catch an big fish? Were they all redbreasts?
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went."
    Will Rogers

SUMTER/ RIMINI DEPENDING UPON THE SEASONS

the shellcrackers are killing in packs flats. full moon tonight. lot of fish on the beds now.
    JP111

Sushi, to be honest they were all bigger than normal which is what made it so good. 18 ain't a lot of fish but when they are big it makes the small number that much better. No redbreast. 2 shellcracker and the other 16 were bluegill. Nice dark bull headed ones too. not biting hard though. Half of the time I didn't know I had a fish on until I went to move the pole. The cork didn't move.
    "Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear - not absence of fear." Mark Twain

Thats the same for fishing around Galivants Ferry. I went Friday afternoon and caught 31, kept 24. All were nice size bream and Morgans. Like Bummer said they aren't jerking your arm off. The water is still too high right now for really good fishing. We've been catching alot around tree tops with a red/white jig and worms.

DUCK MASTER is offline Professional Waterfowl Exterminator

I WENT TO JACKS CREEK WITH TO OF MY BUDIES LAST WEEK(THURS) AND CAUGHT 130 SHELLCRACKER OFF THE BED. REAL NICE FISH ON WORMS. THE WORM HAD TO BE ON THE BOTTOM FOR THEM TO BITE.
    If it ain't broke it ain't mine!