Thread: Rhodes steps down

Default Rhodes steps down

Probably just a coincidence.

COLUMBIA, SC (WIS) - The chairwoman of the South Carolina Department of Natural Resources accused of lying under oath has stepped down, but will remain on the board.

Caroline Rhodes was accused of perjury during a Senate Fish, Game, and Forestry Committee pertaining to her involvement in the Savannah River dredging permitting process.

"She did not give us accurate information. In fact, she gave us false information," Sen. Brad Hutto said on the Senate floor several weeks ago.

Hutto claimed he had proof Rhodes lied after he got an email from DNR director John Frampton clearly stating Rhodes told him to keep DNR staff away from a meeting about the issue.

Hutto also accused Rhodes of interfering with the process that ultimately led to Georgia gaining permission to dredge in the Savannah River.

Gov. Nikki Haley's spokesman, Rob Godfrey, released a statement in regards to Rhodes' resignation.

"We appreciate the service Caroline Rhodes has given as chairman, and we look forward to her continued service on the board," Godfrey said.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VoJdb1TLLJQ[/ame]
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

I didn't make the connection that her husband owns Charleston Angler.

So no one's concerned that she may have committed perjury?

She did what the queen wanted her to do. Job over.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

It may rest with myself considering Vincent a friend, but I wouldn't of imagined him bastardizing that position.. I don't like talking politics on here. It keeps me stable.

She should be off the board and out of any position of influence.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

Quote Originally Posted by BOGSTER View Post
    She should be off the board and out of any position of influence.
    Yep

*I hate agreeing with you

Quote Originally Posted by SOUTHERN WOODS View Post
    Yep

*I hate agreeing with you
    Don't hate it.

Embrace it.

It means you are getting smarter.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

Quote Originally Posted by cudexter View Post
    I didn't make the connection that her husband owns Charleston Angler.
    I am fairly certain she is the owner, not that it really matters. Will be interesting to see what else shakes out.

Hate to hear that the owner of a really great shop like The Charleston Angler is mixed up in the mess at the DNR board. I think that she or her husband does own the shop. Anyone know for sure?

I watched the video of the DNR board from back in January when they were trying to figure out what actually happened regards to Frampton stepping down. Caroline Rhode was not a very sympathetic figure then. To find out that Frampton's forced retirement was colluded with the ultimate goal of keeping SCDNR from participating in the discussion about dredging the Savannah River is very troubling.

If true and she owns the shop, what's your thoughts?

Gonna keep shopping there?

Dr. Malcum Rhodes is the owner of the Charleston Angler, think Caroline is head honcho for day to day operations. Dr.s partner drowned in Elliotts cut a couple of weeks ago.

They own the store together, she runs the day to day operations.
    cut\'em

Loses the chairperson job but stays on the board after perjury and selling out the state to Georgia. Huh. It's good to be the king.
    Tell me sump'n. Why you askin' so many jackassy questions?

Quote Originally Posted by scatter shot View Post
    Hate to hear that the owner of a really great shop like The Charleston Angler is mixed up in the mess at the DNR board. I think that she or her husband does own the shop. Anyone know for sure?

I watched the video of the DNR board from back in January when they were trying to figure out what actually happened regards to Frampton stepping down. Caroline Rhode was not a very sympathetic figure then. To find out that Frampton's forced retirement was colluded with the ultimate goal of keeping SCDNR from participating in the discussion about dredging the Savannah River is very troubling.

If true and she owns the shop, what's your thoughts?

Gonna keep shopping there?
    I quit shopping there long before this. Her treatment of one of my good friends that used to work there told me all I needed to know about her. This news doesn't suprise me in the least bit.

Quote Originally Posted by mud ugh View Post
    I quit shopping there long before this. Her treatment of one of my good friends that used to work there told me all I needed to know about her. This news doesn't suprise me in the least bit.
    I used to go to CA some. No more. Haddrell's is the heat. They take care of me and remember who I am. I got there one morning at 7:01 and the door was still locked. I waited for all of 8 seconds. The manager apologized profusely and then gave me an extra dozen
    baitfish. Class acts.

Haddrels West Ashley and Atlantic Game and Tackle get my business every time. I still miss the Reel Johns, even though Haddrels got most of the good employees from there. I'll hand line with home made plugs and hand crafted hooks before I go back in that other place again.