Thread: Friday night fight!

Friday evening, my younger cousin sat one our better stands on the edge of the swamp, and reported approx. 20 deer milling about in and around the plot. He said he saw two young bucks-a four point and a spike/cowhorn butt heads a few times. He said the other deer all kind of gathered around to watch, LMAO!! Pretty cool, I've never seen two bucks in the wild spar or fight. I think the deer should crank on up with the cold snap coming up.

I have seen it only once myself. Many moons ago I was sneakin through the woods with my bow on a windy day. Something caught my eye and it was a grown horse fightin with a spike while 3 or 4 does watched.

The next day I went back to that area, climbed a tree and grunted on the call. The HORSE came running in, stopped by the tree and I missed him standing broadside at 15 yards with the bow. That may have very well been the first time I gave up the bow out of frustration!
    RIP Kelsey "Bigdawg" Cromer
    12-26-98 12-1-13

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Missing you my great friend.

I see the sparring bucks just about every year. I have never seen two evenly matched bucks REALLY going at it. The matches I have seen were more a pushing contest than an all out fight.
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went."
    Will Rogers

Apparently, they were just pushing each other about, not really fighting. I have seen them "mount up", but never spar or fight. I was also tickled to hear our plot was that well-used. I can see the damage to the plot and the torn up ground under the feeder, but can't ever beat the boy to the sign-in book to get to hunt that stand.

ive seen it, probably 6 or 7 years ago. two mature bucks going at it. awefully loud. a few days before season came in i think. i also shot my second best deer as it was sparring with a 4 pt.
    good luck slaya