Thread: Proud Pappa T tonight

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Proud Pappa T tonight

We are on family vacation (IOP) and today our 8yr old Grandson wanted to go fishing with BIL and myself

Had hard time getting bait, pogies very scattered but finally found a good pod of them and he was shocked when I loaded cast net up with them

First spot not much action so BIL and I made decision to run out to jetties to see if we could put him on bull red.

Not much happening at rocks but all of a sudden rod bent over and he could not stop fish, pretty sure it was a shark way it ran and it got in rocks on bottom. However he got very excited hearing that drag scream and holding on.

Came back inshore to a normal go to spot and crossed my fingers.

Finally rod bent over in a hurry and knew it was a red One of my nephews handed him the rod and got him settled in. He did great job but I did help him right when fish got to boat to keep it out of swim platform and power poles

Nice 27” red and his over the moon tonight and have to admit I am on cloud 9. Nothing like watching a youngster experience something like that for first time

I have got away from using boga grip but all we had since nobody put a landing net in the boat

IMG_4856.jpgIMG_4855.jpgIMG_4854.jpg
    Last edited by tprice; 07-12-2023 at 07:03 PM.