Alright, heres my bog recipe. There ain't no science to it, cept for the liquid/rice ratio.

I use whole picked or skinned ducks and/or geese and frier chicken breasts. They come in a three or four pack with bone in. I will also use the gizzards from the ducks. Slice them open and clean them out and cut them in chunks.

Boil your ducks and chicken together with a chopped onion. When they have boiled for twenty minutes or so take the meat out with tongs and reserve the stock. The meat dosen't have to be fully cooked at this point as it is going back into the heat shortly. Let the ducks and chicken cool off for twenty minutes and drink some beer or a bourbon drink. [img]graemlins/drinky.gif[/img]

While you enjoy some spirits, get your prep work out of the way. Slice the smoked sausage and/or fresh sausage into thin discs. Use plenty of sausage. It is okay if using fresh sausage to squeeze the sausage out of the casings and mix it into the bog like a sausage and rice dish. Sometimes my bogs have so much sausage that they are more like a sausage and rice dish with a little duck in them than a traditional bog.

Finely chop another onion. Measure the appropriate amount of stock based on the amount of rice you will use and save it in a bowl. Dispense with the excess. I usually use two boxes of Uncle Ben's original wild rice and one small bag of Mahatma's saffron rice. Be sure to use the flavor packets in the Uncle Ben's.
Go ahead and get the stock rolling on low, add your onion first and then your rice.

Pull the meat off the bones and shred it into the pot. Be sure to use those duck legs...they're the best. Turn the heat to high. Add the sausage and a small can of corn last. When the bog is rolling with all contents in the pot, turn it back to low and enjoy another drink. [img]graemlins/drinky.gif[/img] If you have properly measured and executed this recipe your bog will come out fluffy.