My 15yo nephew, Andrew, was just diagnosed with leukemia this weekend and flown to Vanderbilt Childrens hospital. He is doing much much better after five weeks of being very sick and the docs in Louisiana being very confused. He has a great attitude and is focused on getting better so he can do two things - get back to playing football and get back into hunting.

He is a big kid - a healthy weight of around 240. Up until this year he has not been too excited about deer hunting, so I have just lent him a .270 of mine. Now that he has moved to Louisiana he is very excited about shooting and hunting and he wants a rifle. Being bigger than I am, he should be able to shoulder just about any caliber out there. I haven't done any research into the new WSM cartridges and I want to get something for him for Xmas. I would really appreciate, in addition to keeping Andrew in your thoughs, any concise advice on buying him a conventional caliber rifle (.270 most likely), or a WSM. Thanks!

Daniel

PS. If anyone has a rifle/scope setup that you are looking to sell, shoot me a PM with details.