Thread: Hog Hunt

Could anyone recommend a place for an archery hog hunt. A couple of friends from out of town are wanting to go on one and I will probably join them. We are looking for a 3-day hunt with a place to stay. We could do our own cooking. Any help would be appreciated!

He would have been nice next year.

I have heard, to put it nicely, "rumors" that the place has really went down hill. Again, that is just what I have read. You would be well advised to do your own due diligence prior to signing up with em.
    RIP Kelsey "Bigdawg" Cromer
    12-26-98 12-1-13

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Missing you my great friend.

Talk to KRT he guides on Toofers place. Its call fast feet guide service.
    Kill em all, let the dog sort em out!

if you want too shoot some hogs go to south to central GA in the spring. up or down any river shot as many as you want nobody shoots them everybody hates them. bows no problem ;however, after deer season you can't shoot center fire rile, rem fire or shotgun only. you can even hunt them at night with a six volt light. if you want to eat a wild hog i don't recommend it , they taste like shit. buy some pork @ publix.
    They say the only time a fishermen tells the truth is when he tells you another fisherman is a liar.

tradorion Coots

i could not disagree more with the "shitty taste" comment... but that's just me...

Fast Feet Guide Service?? What's that bullshit? KRT told me all about how he was The President of the PPHC "Post Property Hunt Club- Dues is Cheap, until You Get Caught... Then they go up REAL QUICK!"

its tuff and no matter how slow you cook it or what you put on it the shit anit fit to eat.
    They say the only time a fishermen tells the truth is when he tells you another fisherman is a liar.

tradorion Coots

matter of opinion and experience.

both in frying the loins and in cooking the hams- i have found it to be neither tough nor shitty tasting... although b/c it is so lean the loins do require a bit of care to not dry out or char...

easy, trad. you obviously can't change his opinion. its interesting how people come onto the internet and talk schmack, but wont listen when someone has a different opinion. camo snob is obviously full of himself and probably 19 years old. he will learn, someday.

wild hog meat is free-range pork and tastes plenty good to me. when i see a 100 pound sow, all i really see is a walking ham, loin, and sausage on my grill or smoker.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Originally posted by 2thDoc:

wild hog meat is free-range pork and tastes plenty good to me. when i see a 100 pound sow, all i really see is a walking ham, loin, and sausage on my grill or smoker. [/QB]
    that's the truth!

Snake
    Reloaders love a good piece of brass<br />Not only did Samuel colt make all men equal.....He also made it easier for me to sleep well at <br />night

toof is right!

and about bostic plantation.... i have never been there but my dad has said the same thing about it going downhill....
    wherever we go we bring monkey with us

I live and hunt not too far from Bostick - I hear nothin but bad shit about that place.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    RY-you are a killer. plain and simple.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Rebel Yell has killed more shit than small pox!
    Stripa Swipa > Ron Jeremy

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Don't ever doubt 2th's opinion on food!

I have seen him in action at the grill and I've partaken of the heavenly delights that were the results of his cooking talent!

That mofo is a cooking machine! He oughta have his own show on the Food Network! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

RugerAnnie Coots

UMMMM, I love a man that cooks!!!!
    [img]graemlins/love.gif[/img]

I just cooked a 150lb sow for my hunting club last week. They cleaned the grill. After they ate I told them it was wild know one could beleive it. The secret is soakin there ass in ice water, apple cider vinegar,and a little salt for about a day.

Millwood lodge in Dublin GA has some bad assed hog hunting and a nice ass lodge. They have a bad assed chef that cooks there, they have been on “Off the Menu” the hunting/cooking show on Turner South about 4 times. They are proud as hell of their stuff like $375 a day with $1000 dollar trophy fee and $110 a night in the lodge with meals. But they got some big assed hogs. You can look on trophyquestinc .com or Just Google Millwood lodge. There phone number is 478-272-5646 just think you might get to be on their hunting show, Tire Kingdom’s Outdoor Kingdom. The place is nice as hell I grew up around there and I know the owners and manager they are good folks. They recently had a hog hunt for cripple kids made those kids world a lot brighter. Got good Quail hunting too. It aint that far from Greenville the folks from Michelin keep the place booked up Quail hunting.
    Aint nuthin' wrong wit killin' army possums! Or shockin' Catfish!

Thanks for all of the info guys. We still have not found a place and are looking to stay in S.C.
    I have never ate wild boar but am looking forward to it. Any other suggestions?

Deer Field Plantation in St. George, SC

There are more then enough hogs in SC just depends on where you live. and as the wild hog meat, id rather eat what i kill then eat someting that has been living in a pen all its life. there is nothing wrong with wild hog meat.

HawgHunting's got it right who would want to eat an animal that has been walking and eating its own shit its whole life. I'll stick to the wild meat. Another case in hand, has anyone heard about a 9,000 acre club coming open for hog hunters in the peedee area near hwy 34.