Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Push Poles

Default Push Poles

Anybody know of a good push pole that is somewhat inexpensive? I made one out of PVC pipe but its way too flexible. I dont care what the pole is made of and I'm looking to spend at the most $200. Btw i'm pushing a 16ft all welded triton jon boat. Thanks

Bamboo

Damned shame you arent a supporting member and this isnt in the trading post.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Seeing these soulless vanilla ice lookin Yankees on a bassboat is worse than watching a woman get her implants taken out. It's just wrong. Get back in your Lund and go back to infisherman.

super stick all day

thats a little different than my avery push pole

Quote Originally Posted by Lowcountry Boy View Post
    Bamboo
    Yea light weight works every time.

stiffy push poles

Let me know when you find stiffy push poles for under 200. I will take all you can find.
    Let's Fish www.carolinaaeromarine.com Or dip something www.tntcustomcamo.com

*yes, Capt Toms yankee ass did show me a new trick in my own backyard*-- CYPRESNEAK

Capt - reading comprehension is not a prerequisite to SCDucks membership

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    "The real reason fish jump - they don't have a middle finger!"

Quote Originally Posted by ClemsnHntr View Post
    Anybody know of a good push pole that is somewhat inexpensive? I made one out of PVC pipe but its way too flexible. I dont care what the pole is made of and I'm looking to spend at the most $200. Btw i'm pushing a 16ft all welded triton jon boat. Thanks
    I have gone the cheap route last several years, and pushing through grass for tailers and marsh hens is no fun with a cheap pole. I have been looking on Craig's list lately and a few fiberglass poles for that price range are out there.
    "Blessed is the man... who makes one word grow where two grew before" - Havilah Babcock

You might as well learn that a man who catches fish or shoots game has got to make it fit to eat before he sleeps. Otherwise it’s all a waste and a sin to take it if you can’t use it.” - Robert Ruark

"Either write things worth reading, Or do things worth the writing " -Benjamin Franklin

Dont waste your money on a cheap pole, get a piece of bamboo for now and save for a stiffy hybrid.

Cheapo push pole alternatives will only frustrate you. Anything stiff enough will be too heavy and anything light enough will be too flimsy. Save up and get a Stiffy hybrid.

BTW, the length of your boat shouldn't influence the length of pole you want. The height of your platform is what matters. I wouldn't go shorter than 20' or longer than 22' on a flats boat with a standard height platform. That length rules out bamboo.

I use my giggin pole to push around. Its probably not long enough for some of you professionals but it serves my purpose and I could justify buying it since I get to use it for a push pole and a gig.

super stick is the best 200 bucks i ever spent. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

Minn Kota........
    Founding Member of the Short Mo' Sea Pro Posse

Fuck Purdue

Super stick. It's nice to be able to stow it inside the boat. Works just fine. I've been using one for 3 yrs.

I'll make you a deal on a super stik. PM if interested.
    "hunting should be a challenge and a passion not a way of making a living or a road to fame"

Rubberhead

For 200 bucks get a set of shrimpn poles and put a foot on one.Push pole ends are always on Craigslist. That way you have 10 if needed plus you can use them shrimpn.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    I can eat a bowl of alphabet soup and shit out a thought process better than the vast majority of you clemmings.