Thread: May Step To The Evil (*Cheap*) Side

Default May Step To The Evil (*Cheap*) Side

I've heard nothing but negative stuff about Taurus semi-auto pistols. I've not heard much positive about S&W's Sigma line. I vowed to myself I'd never own a Taurus pistol. Never.

Having said that, I'm tempted to get a new "cheap toy" to dispel any/all myths.

I see the Taurus is on sale for $100 off at Academy. Sale price is $299. They also have the Sigma priced the same (was $20 off last week).

I've got an Academy gift card, along w/ some pre-paid Visa rebate cards so I really don't have "that much" to lose.

Might just go try some on for size, and see what happens...

Last edited by USMCsilver; 12-28-2011 at 03:28 PM. Reason: pictures

I thought you liked my judge when you shot it a couple years back. I think it's cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I thought you liked my judge when you shot it a couple years back. I think it's cool.
    I do -- did you not read above where I said "pistols"? I have no beef with their revolvers. I think they make a fine wheelgun.

I've owned two UL Ti 85's and they were great guns. Wish I still had them, however, my two Smiths fill those shoes, now.

I'm also interested in a new Taurus that has a 4" barrel and has interchangable cylinders for .22 and .22mag.

My problem is with their (Taurus') autos. I read nothing but bad stuff. If I read "good things" about them, then it's usually from someone who doesn't know the difference b/t their ass and a hole in the ground.
    Last edited by USMCsilver; 12-28-2011 at 03:37 PM.

I have had the S&W in .40 cal for about 7 years now and have not had a bit of trouble with it as long as I'm using 'decent' ammo. Until it was good and broken in I had a few jams shooting cheap ammo but that's it. My only complaint with it is the trigger pull...it is really long but it is what it is. For the price it's a good gun.

no experience with Taurus except for revolvers so can't help there.

good luck in your quest.

I purchased a Taurus PT 24/7 Pro 9mm as my first handgun after I turned 21. It fed reliably and never gave me a problem. I kept it for a few years and ended up trading it on a long gun a few years back.

I've got a Taurus Millenium Pro in .45. I don't know that I've any reliability problems with it (i dont shoot it often), but I just dont like it.

For $60-$70 more try the Smith and Wesson SD series. Trigger is better than sigma on the one I fondled and only few bucks more.

I'd shoot their 1911 against most other 1911s double the price. Also have their 709 slim and a few wheel guns. not a single one has had an issue.
    Here is the issue with taurus vs other higher dollar guns. A guy pays 300 bucks for a gun and it malfunctions its automatically the gun and NOTHING else. A guy pays 1k for a gun and it malfunctions then anything else BUT the gun is to blame. Ammo, packing grease, limp wristed ect. Nobody wants to think their thousand dollar gun just malfunctioned.
    Seeing these soulless vanilla ice lookin Yankees on a bassboat is worse than watching a woman get her implants taken out. It's just wrong. Get back in your Lund and go back to infisherman.

I have a PT 1911 .45 that has been fed everything from the cheapest storebought reloads to high priced Winchester and all work without a hitch. The only real difference in accuracy has been elevation, windage has been consistant with them all. I have had friends who have had Taurus revolvers with timing problems.

Not sure how the newer Sigma's are, but I have a first gen Ive had no problems out of. It does have a little more recoil than similar .40's I've shot, but other than that no complaints what so ever.

My sigma has been good to me. It is almost fifteen years old though. I know they had to change them up, but I dont know how much.

NOOOOOOOOO, Don't do it!

Don't lower your standards........ you'll regret it when you sober up!

Quote Originally Posted by Tha Dick View Post
    NOOOOOOOOO, Don't do it!

Don't lower your standards........ you'll regret it when you sober up!
    You're right, Dick. My Long Island Ice Tea I made at around noon yesterday was talking to me...hard!

I didn't get anything. The Tarus was "clunky" and heavy and just didn't feel right. I wanted to like it, I really did...

I guess I'll just be content with my other stuff. No need to blow money on something I won't appreciate.