Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Irene

Nope. What's the point? Darwin will sort it out. If he wants to stay and try to prove how tough he is let him. You made the offer and if something happens to the car or apartment you can always pul the ol "I told you so"
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

jim cantorie is in New York, those guys are screwed.
    easy livin'

Damn Chuck......but daddy always said " A hard head makes for a soft ass". If it were you would you leave.....just trying to get some common sense, not little brother has something to prove mentality.
    “Got tight last night on absinthe and did knife tricks."-Ernest Hemingway

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Duckkiller
    I was an athlete at Clemson, not a scholar.

Quote Originally Posted by Claimer View Post
    jim cantorie is in New York, those guys are screwed.

I am watching this shit close.. I don't see it moving the way it is suppose to... A hurricane this size can push off a front. Jim Cantore don't know shit

I see it hitting NMB.. that means it is doing a slow turning like it is doing now... Be prepared tomorrow, when TWC will announce there fuck up and that SC better hold on to their hats... just my

THIS SUMOFABITCH IS HUGE!

I wouldnt leave. But I also plan for the worst and expect the best. If he has what he needs and keeps a level head if things go south he will be fine.

Of course sometimes only way to learn is to experience. Dont touch the stove it is hot. OUCH!! just sayin.
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

Quote Originally Posted by BREAK'N WINGS View Post
    Is this bitch turning or gonna make a B-line towards us
    Same thing I'm wondering.
    “… duckhunting stands alone as an outdoor discipline. It has a tang and spirit shared by no other sport—a philosophy compounded of sleet, the winnow of unseen wings, and the reeks of marsh mud and wet wool. No other sport has so many theories, legends, casehardened disciples and treasured memories.”
    --John Madson, The Mallard, 1960

"Never trust a duck hunter who cares more about his success than his dog's."

I aint leaving chucktown unless it is a 4 or 5.

I wont be going far either, maybe to the 26/95 interchange.
    Last edited by Chuck the Duck Slayer; 08-25-2011 at 06:44 PM.

He had his propane tanks filled, truck gassed up, and has lots of ice in his deep freezer. Guess he's thinking, just the older brother worried. I watched him learn the hard way a lot growing up.
    “Got tight last night on absinthe and did knife tricks."-Ernest Hemingway

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Duckkiller
    I was an athlete at Clemson, not a scholar.

Sometimes thats the only way people learn. Tell him to fill up the tub with water for flushing toilet. A quick trip to Bass Pro for some of those freeze dried meals and water purification tablet will help.

i rode out Hugo and the eye went right over our house. the trees were fine until the wind changed direction then they just blew to hell. we had 100 trees down around the house. the porches all collapsed and the big pines went through the den, that was our way out for 2 days. Rescue squad showed up the morning after and asked how many dead. we just got the saws running and in 2 short months we had a lot more sun on the house. the scariest was when the propaine tank got ripped out and was spewing. the ceilings collapsed from trees tearing through the roof. It was a sleepless night. The squirels would let you pick them up, they were as bumfuzzled as the rest of us.
    easy livin'

Claimer you got any pics from the damage Hugo caused?

Chris tell your brother to make sure he has a car charger for his cell phone. Might not have much of a signal if a tower goes down but at least have teh charger in case.

Not many left. we were trying to fix things not remember. The pic of the pile of shrimp boats in McClellanville was one of our boats. we drug her in the marsh and someone burned her. My granddad bought a 48 inch husquavarna saw and told me to cut those trees. I was 20 and that saw handled me. That storm almost bankrupt my entire family. I remember the wrong people getting a pile of money and free materials while we worked our arse off trying to get the house back.
    easy livin'

Claimer, which pile? The Mary Margret and another was in our yard. The tug boat and some others were across the street on the dock. A houseboat and boathouse were also piled up in the front yard.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    I can eat a bowl of alphabet soup and shit out a thought process better than the vast majority of you clemmings.

Quote Originally Posted by Goin Coastal View Post
    Claimer, which pile? The Mary Margret and another was in our yard. The tug boat and some others were across the street on the dock. A houseboat and boathouse were also piled up in the front yard.

the houseboat was mine, I want it back.. Paypal?

This thing doesn't even look like it has put its turn signal on yet.

Quote Originally Posted by MolliesMaster View Post
    This thing doesn't even look like it has put its turn signal on yet.

How many women drivers you know that use a darn turn signal? Half of em probably dont even know where it is located.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck the Duck Slayer View Post
    How many women drivers you know that use a darn turn signal? Half of em probably dont even know where it is located.
    You right. Anyone recommend a gook likker for a hurricane? I feel like I need to make a toast when she arrives.

I got pics of Hugo but not in todays format. Welcome to look at anytime.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Quote Originally Posted by BREAK'N WINGS View Post
    the houseboat was mine, I want it back.. Paypal?
    It was used as the neighborhood mercantile. All the rations were put out there and everyone would come get what they needed. I remember our neighbor saying, "well, let me go see what's for lunch. Beenie Weenies or soup. Capt. Jimmy on the Mary Margret handed out or cooked shrimp for at least 3 days.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    I can eat a bowl of alphabet soup and shit out a thought process better than the vast majority of you clemmings.

Read this close!
    OFFSHORE WATERS FORECAST
    NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC
    530 PM EDT THU AUG 25 2011
    W CENTRAL N ATLC CONTINENTAL SHELF AND SLOPE WATERS BEYOND 20
    NM TO 250 NM OFFSHORE...INCLUDING S OF GEORGES BANK FROM 1000
    FM TO 250 NM OFFSHORE.
    SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE
    HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE
    MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.
    ANZ088-260300-
    CAPE FEAR TO 31N OUT TO 32N 73W TO 31N 74W
    530 PM EDT THU AUG 25 2011

HURRICANE WARNING

TONIGHT
    E TO SE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT INCREASING TO 25 TO 35 KT
    LATE...EXCEPT S PORTION TO 35 TO 45 KT LATE. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT
    EARLY BUILDING TO 14 TO 26 FT LATE WITH S SWELL...HIGHEST S.
    NUMEROUS SHOWERS AND TSTMS.

FRI
    E OF 77W...S TO SE WINDS INCREASING TO 50 TO 80 KT...
    EXCEPT FAR E PORTION 35 TO 50 KT AND TO 105 KT NEAR CENTER OF
    IRENE. SEAS BUILDING TO 28 TO 46 FT...HIGHEST W. W OF 77W...E TO
    NE WINDS 45 TO 60 KT...EXCEPT TO 105 KT NEAR THE CENTER OF
    IRENE...BECOMING N TO NE LATE. SEAS BUILDING TO 30 TO 36 FT...
    HIGHEST E. NUMEROUS SHOWERS AND TSTMS THROUGHOUT.

FRI NIGHT
    E OF 77W...S TO SE WINDS 50 TO 80 KT BECOMING S TO
    SW...EXCEPT TO 100 KT NEAR CENTER OF IRENE. SEAS 28 TO 46 FT
    SUBSIDING TO 20 TO 36 FT LATE. W OF 77W...E TO NE WINDS 35 TO 55
    KT BECOMING W TO NW...EXCEPT TO 100 KT NEAR THE CENTER OF IRENE.
    SEAS 20 TO 36 FT...EXCEPT FAR SW PORTION SUBSIDING TO 12 TO 20
    FT LATE. NUMEROUS SHOWERS AND TSTMS THROUGHOUT.

SAT
    E OF 76W...S TO SW WINDS 50 TO 80 KT EARLY...EXCEPT TO 95
    KT NEAR CENTER OF IRENE. WINDS THEN DIMINISHING TO W TO SW 25 TO
    40 KT LATE. SEAS SUBSIDING TO 14 TO 22 FT LATE. W OF 76W...W TO
    NW WINDS 35 TO 50 KT...EXCEPT NE PART 50 TO 80 KT AND TO 105 KT
    NEAR CENTER OF IRENE. WINDS THEN DIMINISHING TO SW 35 TO 45 KT
    LATE. SEAS SUBSIDING TO 7 TO 14 FT LATE...EXCEPT FAR SW PORTION
    TO 4 TO 7 FT. NUMEROUS SHOWERS AND TSTMS THROUGHOUT BECOMING
    SCATTERED.

SAT NIGHT
    W TO SW WINDS 25 TO 40 KT DIMINISHING TO 15 TO 25
    KT. SEAS SUBSIDING TO 4 TO 8 FT...EXCEPT E OF 1000 FM 8 TO 14
    FT...HIGHEST NE.

SUN
    SW WINDS 15 TO 25 KT DIMINISHING TO 10 TO 15 KT. SEAS
    SUBSIDING TO 2 TO 5 FT...EXCEPT E OF 1000 FM 5 TO 7 FT...HIGHEST
    NE.

MON
    S TO SW WINDS 10 TO 15 KT. SEAS BECOMING 3 TO 6 FT.

TUE
    WINDS BECOMING E TO NE 10 TO 15 KT. SEAS 3 TO 5 FT.

.FORECASTER CLARK. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER.

National Weather Service
    Generated 0047 UTC, Friday, Aug 26, 2011
    Document URL
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"