Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Irene

Warning: The Surgeon General has determined that turkey hunting is an addictive activity that will disrupt normal sleep patterns!

Updated track is hitting Edisto at 8 Saturday morning. Cat 3 with 115 mph winds. Who knows where it will hit, but I feel like we are due.

http://www.live5news.com/story/15306...rd-ga-sc-coast

updated computer models look a little better for SC...

Cat 3 is no joke...get that bitch outahere!!!!

Too close to dove season for that crap. We could sure take some water, though.

Quote Originally Posted by LowcountryBuck View Post

!
    Got a Bachelor Party in Dirty Myrtle this weekend....that purple track would sure make it one to remember.

I'll be damned.

Edisto along with the rest of the beaches below Grand Strand have bad enough erosion as it is. Hopefully I will not be boarding windows come Thursday and Friday
    Last edited by 803; 08-22-2011 at 12:36 PM.
    "Blessed is the man... who makes one word grow where two grew before" - Havilah Babcock

You might as well learn that a man who catches fish or shoots game has got to make it fit to eat before he sleeps. Otherwise it’s all a waste and a sin to take it if you can’t use it.” - Robert Ruark

"Either write things worth reading, Or do things worth the writing " -Benjamin Franklin

Fellas she just might show her ass...
    RIP shooterchris

High Tide 1503 Super-V w/ 60 Merc
    Skeeter SX190 w/ 150 Yamaha

Quote Originally Posted by Clemsonwoodie View Post
    Bigfoot is not a "true gentleman " he is a "Damn gentleman "
    Quote Originally Posted by Tee View Post
    Mother of God SC is one damn fine ball team.

Looks like a bumper crop of fresh churned shark's teeth this time next week.

Edisto 40 buoy is forecasting 27-40ft waves early Saturday.

Damnit JAB you are as bad as those Weather Channel Sensationalists gettin everyone riled up...

Computer models have this thing going north...way to early to take the eye off the ball, tho.
    Last edited by LowcountryBuck; 08-22-2011 at 01:18 PM.

I've been saying it for years the Gulf Stream has way more effect on pushing these storms North and East of their early initial forecasted tracks. The models don't take it into account. Not saying I won't keep my eyes on her, but I think Irene will scrape us and slam Wilmington similarly to Floyd.

That path looks like the path Hazel took in the 50's. She came in on the border SC/NC and knocked the hell out of every thing in her way. I still hear "old timers talk of Hazel.

Quote Originally Posted by duckplucker View Post
    That path looks like the path Hazel took in the 50's. She came in on the border SC/NC and knocked the hell out of every thing in her way. I still hear "old timers talk of Hazel.
    Don't say that. We got it easy in Floyd. I'm not so sure we fared the same in Hazel here. Not sure, I wasn't around.

I’ve been watching Irene and the forecast puts it just about over Loris, SC on Saturday afternoon (120 hr. prediction). A lot can change though. The same 120 hr. forecast had it south of Charleston this morning.

Below is the National Hurricane Center info. You can click on “Irene” for details. I’ve been highlighting and copying (CTRL C) the 120 hour LAT/LONG coordinates in the Discussion section and then pasting them (CTRL V) into Google Earth. Works great but it’s a little scary to actually see it on there.

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/
    "We have become so open minded that our brains have fallen out"

The way it looks right now I would cancel my fishing trip to the outer banks but I think we will be ok.
    Let's Fish www.carolinaaeromarine.com Or dip something www.tntcustomcamo.com

*yes, Capt Toms yankee ass did show me a new trick in my own backyard*-- CYPRESNEAK

Lowcountry, besides forcing everyone to rebuild their homes to shiny new condition, please explain how a hurricane " kick started" the re market.

Quote Originally Posted by ProvidenceSwamper View Post
    Got a Bachelor Party in Dirty Myrtle this weekend....that purple track would sure make it one to remember.
    Looks like ya'll might get screwed by a whore named Irene!

Quote Originally Posted by Lowcountry Boy View Post
    Gentlemen, before this turns into a good old fashioned SC Ducks beatdown, allow me to clarify my statement. I'm certainly not hoping for a good storm, or a doomsday scenario. I was simply stating that while Hugo was a mother fucker and effected us in ways that we still feel today, one thing it did was kick start the local housing market. And like it or not, everyone is involved in real estate.
    Um yeah, those real estate salesmen, and their partners in crime, the home loan agents really need a shot in the arm.

I had 5' of pluff mud in my down stairs for Hugo and had more than one AR-15 pointed my way after dark because all of our property was ocean front, and second row.

I will say that Hugo did a lot to improve the condo market on the beach. All those ocean front houses were gone, the owners had no more ties to the property, and sold out to the time share condo builders. Where there used to be upper middle class vacationers in Cherry Grove, now we have actual prostitutes walking the boulevard openly soliciting.

Give me a good soaker of a TS any day.
    Last edited by BigBrother; 08-23-2011 at 08:04 AM.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

3 pages over a damn thunderstorm.