Thread: Moatsy & Swamp Rat

Moats & Swamp,

The Duckblind currently has their "How to Carve Hunting Decoys" video series on sale for $79, I believe. 3 tapes, 6 hours total. Normal price is $125, sale price is good through 9/15. They will be putting out DVD's soon and want to unload some of the VHS tapes... This is probably the best hunting decoy instructional series out there. Will save you lots of time and money over the long haul should you be interested. Tell 'em I sent ya!

Thanks - I'll have to check that out! I'm about to get my workshop built, finally, within the next 30 days or so, so I will be getting into it.
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

sweet... just when I finally have some time to fo some carving.

I'm gonna try to go to a mixed spread wherein my duck dekes are all either cork or burlapped - it will take a few years to get there.

I plan on keeping my geese in the plastic mode - I've held a cork goose deke... I ain't that buff. (And my coots too)
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

Make sure you boys tell Willy or Di that I sent you since they posted that special on the decoy carving forum where a lot of us carving idiots hang out. Has nothing to do with me, they just want to know where you saw the special advertised.

SR - did I show you that cork Canada I have? It's a beast and would cost a small fortune to do another one from tan cork. You would also need a little more freeboard to haul more than a dozen of them.

Y'all let me know if I can help... You too Candor...

I have been making decoys on and off for about 20 years. I started making corks and now I mainly make hollow cypress or cedar. All of my decoys have been working birds. I am in the process of making a diver rig consisting of ringnecks and canvasbacks. It is good to know there are a few more carvers out there.

Sorry you have to give it up for the boys Downeast. The Core sound guys. They even have a guild for deke carving. No offense to anyone else but I believe they are the best.

And curly back.....unless your name is Billy Rusell....I take nothing from ya skills on deke carving.

?