Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Halftime

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Carolina up by 10! [img]graemlins/thumb2.gif[/img]

16-6

Hang on boys!!!
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

Hope they (Cocks) pull it out. Green may be changing the tempo though.
    If you don't know me how could I offend you?

If you are not a member of Delta or DU then you are living on duck welfare.

Carolina's offense HAS to control the game, or Georgia will come back.
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

They ain't gettin' her done.

The defense looked good early, but they are (understandably) tired.

Is it asking too much to have a FUCKING FIELD GOAL KICKER? Not that it mattered much, but for crying out loud!

I really didn't expect to win, but damn, we got up and held on and then, the usual heartbreak?

When will Holtz realize that when we get a lead, the other team is going to keep playing??? To hell with this damn sitting on the ball and trying to hold a fucking lead. 0 points in the second half.

Sorry for the rant, kids have been around and haven't been able to let it out and I'm 'bout to fucking bust!
    SHR T&R's Carolina Lucy Girl - Lucy
    SHR Carolina Magic's Max4Camiflage - Cami

Again, Lou Holtz proves to the football world that a great defense and NO offense will not win games against a quality opponent.

Note to Lou..... EVERYBODY ELSE ALREADY KNOWS THAT RULE. LEARN IT YOURSELF. Please Lou, tell me you didn't think your QB was going to be able to run all over Georgia. The ONLY offensive points we scored was from passing, not running QB keepers.

The curse lives...or as USA Today said on Friday..a "losing culture"

ClemsonDuckhunter, don't speak too quickly. Things ain't looking so good for y'all either at this point. No question y'all kicked our ass last year, but 1 good season thrown into mediocrity of the past decade doesn't make a dynasty.

I realize we have our own problems. You guys lost to a great football team today. Regardless of whatever curse is floating around, it was a game well played. Nothing would please me more than to see two 11-0 teams face off in Nov in the Valley or the dead cockroach. Hopefully both programs can keep progressing.

They keep giving 'em away like that some more this year we going to see two teams suck all over each other in November.

I hope the GT coach has a lottery ticket because the odds were not in their favor but it ended up working perfectly for them.
    Life ain't easy and dry bread ain't greasy.

KCM, that't the dang truth. I'm going to look for some quotes from Chan to see if he might mention some numbers, sure could use the lottery money. Just think how much duck hunting crap you could buy with a slick 20 million!

Out coached again. Still not sold on TB. And I was one of the few after the Peach Bowl.

CDH, I know how you feel. I really thought Holtz was good for us a few years ago, but I'm wondering now. After last year I was pretty decided that he needed to move on, but after yesterday, I'm sure he needs to find another job. We, like y'all, have some incredible athletes, ie. Blake Mitchell, who as a senior in high school broke David Greene's passing records. And he is sitting the bench. We've got some good receivers and 4-5 tailbacks that can flat out run. But, we can't get over the QB as a running back theory

Looks like the state of Ga took it to us this weekend.

Most programs take more than 5 years to rebuild, so USC does not need to give up on Holtz yet. As for Clempson, I think there needs to be a complete rebuild.
    Life ain't easy and dry bread ain't greasy.

Both need it. The only difference is that it won't take us 4 years and several million dollars to fix our problem.

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

I can't understand why Lou didn't use his stable of running backs more instead of letting the quarterback run the ball all the time.

And is it that dang hard to find a place kicker?

Maybe he needs to go to Australia and recruit a kicker or two. The kicker is the highest scoring member of most teams when the season is done. Not at Carolina though! Just how many close games have we lost in the last 2 seasons because we can't kick a field goal? Too many! [img]graemlins/shakehead.gif[/img]
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

Summers hurt his ankle on the first play of the game and Boyd was still gimpy from last week. I don't know what the deal is with Turman. Something's going on there. Whiteside and Lee (2 of our top 4 WRs AND our punt returners) got caught smoking pot Thursday by campus police, hence their absence.

I am too pissed off right now to even talk about our special teams play and inability to kick a field goal.

Life as a Gamecock.....

Originally posted by Mergie Master:
    Maybe he needs to go to Australia and recruit a kicker or two.
    Anyplace with a good soccer tradition. The best kicker we've had in years was Colin Mackie, and he was an Irmo soccer player.

Colin was a pledge brother of mine. He is a banker in Greenville now. Helluva guy and a damn fine kicker....could have used him Saturday.

and colin married a Davidson girl...buddy of mine. small world.

tell Collin I'm sorry I hurt his ankle playing soccer when he was a senior at irmo. talk about small world, people thought his football career was over before it started...i wonder if he remembers me. [img]smile.gif[/img]
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.