Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: BREAKING NEWS: US Air Flight Crashed in Hudson River

Copied from the scnow website. http://www.scnow.com/scp/news/local/...rvivors/28181/

A Florence attorney traveling on a U.S. Airways Jet that crashed in to the Hudson River on Thursday afternoon is doing well, according to a colleague he contacted immediately following the crash.
    Mike Nunn, a law partner at Aiken, Bridges, Nunn, Elliott and Tyler Law Firm, was in New York for a deposition and was returning to Florence on that aircraft when it crashed, Glenn Elliott, Nunn’s law partner, said during a telephone interview.
    “He called shortly after he got off the plane. He apparently was helped off fairly quickly,” Elliott said,. “I understand that he got wet — I’m not sure how much exposure he had — but I understand that he’s afraid he might have a little frostbite otherwise he is safe.”
    Nunn told Elliott he heard a loud noise and all the passengers assumed there was something wrong with the engines.
    “The plane banked and, shortly thereafter, the pilot told them to brace for impact. That’s all he heard,” Elliott said.
    Nunn was scheduled to be on a later flight home. But he finished his work early and decided it was in his best interest to catch an earlier fight, Elliott said.
    “He was trying to get out of town early to beat the bad weather,” he said.
    Nunn is a shareholder in Aiken, Bridges, Nunn, Elliott and Tyler, according to the firm’s Web site. He primarily handles business, corporate and complex litigation.

My oldest friend was on the flight. Details to come.

Hope everything is well with him JAB

I flew US air this year, and it was SHIT. They charge you for your first drink, no pnuts, and the common phrase on the aircraft was "US Scare"
    Bay Creek Kennels- Hartsville, SC
    Owner/Trainer- Rhett Riddle
    Retriever & Obedience Training
    Cell-803-608-2252

Home of:
    HRCH Ace's Costa Del Mar MH. "Costa" 500 Point Club
    GRHRCH Costa's Signature Blend MH "Crown" 500 Point Club
    3x GRHRCH Crown of Ace's in Costa's Shadow MH QAA “Craig”

Glad you made it Rhett. Would hate for Costa to be homeless.
    HRCH Lemon's Lady Chesney MH
    SHR Lemon's Pinch Of Long Cut aka Hagen
    "Acquiring a dog may be the only opportunity a human ever has to choose a relative." -Mordecai Siegal
    "If forced to choose between romantic love and my dog, I'd sure choose my dog." -Solange

God...I hate I missed this whole thread.

Damn, I am laughing out loud.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

thats one reason im not getting on any plane.
    if i cant drive or float their i will stay home!

hop everyone is ok!!!!!!!

yeah, no one dies or crashes in cars or boats.
    Quote Originally Posted by trentsmith View Post
    Honestly I don't remember why I don't like you but I do remember that I don't like you.

Quote Originally Posted by Towman View Post
    thats one reason im not getting on any plane.
    if i cant drive or float their i will stay home!

I can honestly say that I use to feel the same way. I've come to realize that they make some good pills that will get you over that train of thought. If I can fly sideways and no lose my marbles then anyone can get over that fear of flying! (disclaimer: to get over the fear it might take the use of medication )
    You've got one life. Blaze on!

Maybe all it takes Squatty, is not to be a big Vagina in the first place????? Just a thought.
    RIP Kelsey "Bigdawg" Cromer
    12-26-98 12-1-13

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Missing you my great friend.

Quote Originally Posted by LabLuvR View Post
    Maybe all it takes Squatty, is not to be a big Vagina in the first place????? Just a thought.
    LOL!!!

Who's big vagina was it again that's not going hunting Saturday am because it's gonna be a little chilly?

Unbelievable-an airplane crash thread hijacked by spellcheck! Your diversionary skills are the stuff of legend.

There is a difference between being smart and being a pussy. Shitty420 is a big hairy VAGINA!!
    RIP Kelsey "Bigdawg" Cromer
    12-26-98 12-1-13

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Missing you my great friend.

I just saw on the news that the only injury was one person with two broken legs. This is truely a remarkable day that a plane crashes and no one dies. Who really cares what airline it is.
    You can't argue with stupid people, they drag you down to their level and beat your ass.

Quote Originally Posted by LabLuvR View Post
    There is a difference between being smart and being a pussy. Shitty420 is a big hairy VAGINA!!
    The only big hairy VAGINA around here is the SOB that can't get in his truck and drive to Arkansas to go hunting unless he can find somebody to hold his hand. Damn if a MAN wanted to go hunting bad enough you'd think he'd go if he had somebody to go with him or not. Oh and not to mention if you are too much of a pussy to go out Saturday just because it's going to be a wee bit chilly then that makes you a double big hairy VAGINA!

Besides the pills make the flight more fun! They won't let you toke a so you got to do what you got to do.
    Last edited by GobblerHntr; 01-15-2009 at 09:28 PM.
    You've got one life. Blaze on!

My friend and SCDUCKS member, Trigger, made it through the crash landing just fine. He said that the water was cold as an ex mother-in-law but other than that it was more or less anticlimatic. I know one thing, talking him into whacking some goose ass will not be all that hard in the future...

Just read the updated story on one of the wires and apparently the pilot was pretty calm & level headed. Told the passengers to brace and prepare because we're going down. No fatalaties is quite a miracle.

Good to hear you buddy is doing well JAB. I know I would not want to get in that water unless it was a life or death situation.
    You can't argue with stupid people, they drag you down to their level and beat your ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Simple Man View Post
    How big of a flock was it?!?!? A running jet engine will chew a bird up and spit it out.

Damn.
    Careful there, SM, you might be making some poor assumptions. There are a lot of factors involved with an engine's ability to keep running after a bird strike. Large, slow-moving ingestions are pure hell on a jet engine. If you pony up a bottle of Glenmorangie, I'll explain in detail

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck the Duck Slayer View Post
    I'll fly with that pilot anyday of the week.
    Amen! Less-than-stellar airline or not, that was a case of really good piloting skills. Of course, from what I hear, this particular pilot has a better piloting skill set than most...

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    My friend and SCDUCKS member, Trigger, made it through the crash landing just fine. ..
    Good to hear!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gunning Bird View Post
    Careful there, SM, you might be making some poor assumptions. There are a lot of factors involved with an engine's ability to keep running after a bird strike. Large, slow-moving ingestions are pure hell on a jet engine. If you pony up a bottle of Glenmorangie, I'll explain in detail
    GB would definitely be the one to ask about this...
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen