Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pete Coors For President!

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Originally posted by 2thDoc:
    ahh. the foul stench of a nice SCDucks debate....

i hate pistols, too. what good are they except for concealment? granted, that in and of itself is reason for law enforcement to own one. People think they have to have a pistol to protect themselves from intruders???? more of these guns in homes kill someone FROM that home than killing intruders.
    2th I know you didn't just repeat that old liberal anti-gun mantra that has no basis in fact! Say it ain't so? Tell me you're just baiting the pot here?

And tell that to the estimated 4 million women a year who prevent getting raped and possibly killed by pulling a handgun on the rapist. And when a family member kills another family member (which is the case in most murders probably) they will use anything available from a kitchen knife, baseball bat to grandaddy's old bird gun. It ain't about the weapon as LCS said, it's all about the person. Don't believe it check the violent crime rates in England and Australia now.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

Originally posted by Mergie Master:
    And tell that to the estimated 4 million women a year who prevent getting raped and possibly killed by pulling a handgun on the rapist.
    Tell me how they came up with that figure. Does some one keep tabs on that? Did he have his dick out when she pulled her gun? Or could she just tell he was going to rape her?

Sounds like spin to me.

I cannot fucking believe some of the replys on this thread. Is this SCDucks or Sarah Brady's homepage?!

That's why it's called an estimated #. And it's probably closer to right than the duck count.

Amen LCS! [img]graemlins/shakehead.gif[/img]
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

Mergie, I wonder if the blood of our fellow Southrons has been diluted by yankee infiltration?

CWPINST is offline 168 grains of assistance from a distance

The stats about a handgun being more likely to kill someone in a home than to kill an intruder is not exactly true. These stats came from one medium size town in Illinois if I remember correctly. Here is what the left did NOT tell you about how those stats were comprised. First, it was a single small sample and it included suicides which were resposible for most of the "good guy kills". It also did not consider those cases where a bad guy was wounded or more significantly, where he was scared off by the presence of the firearm. It is estimated that in over 98% of all cases where a firearm is used for self protection, a shot is NEVER fired.

There are approximately 1000 annual accidental deaths from firearms to youths in the US. Far more drown in pools or are killed on bicycles than are killed by firearms. Certainly one is too many, but everything should be kept in perspective. Proper perspective begins with accurate information not propaganda. Maybe we need to outlaw pools and bicycles while we are at it. BTW this information comes from the National Safety Council.

Personally, I have used my handgun twice to protect my life and the life of my family. I did not fire a shot either time, but I was fully prepared to and was within seconds of doing so each time. Both times the threat subsided when he saw that I was armed......imagine that!

I used to be a Reserve Deputy for a period of time, and I can tell you that it is insane to think that if we got rid of handguns, our streets would be safer. Do we think that the bad guys would voluntarily surrender them? The US is not the only country in the world that makes handguns. If we can't keep illegal drugs out of our country, do we really think that we can keep handguns out. Drugs are for fun, guns are for CONTROL. The bad guy fears the armed citizen much more than he fears the police officer. The officer has strict rules for engagement that he has to follow and the bad guy knows that. The armed citizen, on the other hand is a bit more unpredictible (see the next post by Duckman ) and the bad guy knows that too.

Sorry for the rant, but remember......a gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone!
    If it ain\'t accurate at long distance, then the fact that it is flat shooting is meaningless.

DUCKMAN is offline Moderator - Traveling Duck Assasin

LCS .....It does not look good! Things sure have changed.......but not at my house... every fucking gun is ALWAYS loaded - always has been even with 3 kids - they were loaded when I grew up and they always will be wherever I live! The difference from yesterday until today was I was taught that do not touch MEANT do not touch or pick your teeth and yourself up off the floor after you get your senses back. I answer the doorbell with a Dan Wesson - 44 magnum - I don't care who you are! I have a gun on the mower and when I ride the property in my cart, I have a 12 ga auto 18 1/4" barrel - extender tube(7-shot) -ooo buckshot - fully loaded and one in the chamber. My trespassing signs say:

"No Trespassing"

"All Trespassers will be SHOT on Sight"

"Survivors will be SHOT Again."

"Don't start no SHIT....Won't be no SHIT!"

The liberal dentist obviously forgets about his near annual breakin at his property and all the shit that is stolen. I would shoot and kill their ass at the drop of a dime! That is the way it use to be and that is the way it should be now!
    DUCKMAN<br /><br />\"If you love waterfowl - support DU and the Flyway Foundation!!\"

Originally posted by CWPINST:
    ...a gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone!
    That is quite possibly the most profound thing I have ever read. Did you just make that up?

CWPINST is offline 168 grains of assistance from a distance

It was actually a quote from my Training Sgt. who is also a Marine. BTW, most police officers that I know are strong supporters of private gun ownership and concealed carry laws. They know reality and it ain't what you see on the Nightly News or Oprah. I have heard more than one officer say that they want law abiding citizens carring concealed weapons, because they might save their A$$ one day. Citizens frequently come to the aid of an officer in trouble.
    If it ain\'t accurate at long distance, then the fact that it is flat shooting is meaningless.

And then there's silencers another item covered by the NFA which are completely legal in SC.
    NFA Ownership Of Class III Toys

All my guns are loaded in my house....even have rounds chambered. I answer the door everytime with a 1911A-1 in my hand.

back to the topic...yeah Pete Coors may make shitty beer but he understands what is and is neeed for the 2nd amendment. So for all that like the liberal left ideas...... [img]graemlins/piss3.gif[/img]