Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Grand Info?

Congrats to all of the Taylor Farm Guys: Dude, Mark, and Stephen, what a winning combination you guys have made. We can't forget the lady (and new mom) in the group Miss Ali, she and Stephen did a great job. And last but certainly not least, our little brown dog Chief. What a thrill for his Mom to watch him run with the big guys even when he thought he knew better than Dan where the duck was! Dude, I guess you topped us this time but we are not far behind!

congrats!!!!!

Congrats!!

Default grand

I went to watch on Monday. Rained the first part of the morning, then sun came out. Alot of dogs had a hard time going over the logs. It was a tuff set up. Got word from Mark Link that a dog broke its foot going over a log. The Gallery was the worst. you could not see a thing at any of the sights except Gunners Up. On land. Went to watch dogs run, not to see see ducks fly into the air. I did see where they were really looking at dogs line manners and control. Saw on guy get booted because his dog got a 1/4 dog lenth in front and the dog whined when he blew the duck call. I hope that next time we host the grand, it will be better, and a better gallery.

Congrats to Bob and Chic, Mark and Stephen and Dude, and anyone else I am missing. Dude is truely an amazing animal!!! 2 yrs old, never had an e-colar on... just amazing. Was told they counted it up and total for the 4 blinds run, Dude only needed the whistle 5 times. Got to give Stephen credit for his dog Ali. 6 or 7 weeks after giving birth, made it to the third series, not too shabby.
    HRCH Lemon's Lady Chesney MH
    SHR Lemon's Pinch Of Long Cut aka Hagen
    "Acquiring a dog may be the only opportunity a human ever has to choose a relative." -Mordecai Siegal
    "If forced to choose between romantic love and my dog, I'd sure choose my dog." -Solange

Great job Stephen with DUDE. I know Mark is on cloud 9. If yall have never seen this DUDE run, you are missing out. Got to watch him run at Old South in March and was Shocked. This is a awsome dog. I have trained with DUDEs dad and he is sharp also. Congrats to all that ran the grand and for the ones that made it all the way. Maybe oneday I will be ready for the grand. I may even look up Stephen to handle mine.

I just want to say "thank you" to everyone who has supported the training days at Taylor Farm Kennels. Kendra and I have been so blessed to find such wonderful friends in the short time that we have been a part of the HRC. The last three months have been a wild ride--if we were not testing we were training, and I want everyone in the "crew" to know that Dude, Chief, and Allie's success is everyone's success. I want to say a special "thank you" to Mark for allowing me the opportunity to run the DUDE. In the words of Tracy Hayes, he is a "phenomenal" dog. To only have five whistles on four blinds is a great feat, but to only have five whistles on four blinds at the grand--I still can't believe it. Dude has a big, big future ahead of him, and I am honored and blessed to be a part of it. Thanks to everyone again, you each know who you are; I don't have to name you.
    Stephen

Congrat's to all that passed. It was an exciting roller coaster ride of emotions for the handlers this week.

I would really like to thank all those that were pulling for all the handlers and dogs at this years Grand Hunt Test in Madison, Ga. I know every time I went to the truck to check my phone I had good friends leaving messages of encouragement for Chic, Doc, and me. I'm sorry if I didn't get back to each of you until now but you can't believe how hectic it gets the closer you get to the end. A special congrats to Dude and Rebel and their partners in what is an unbelieveable team effort. Owners, handlers and dogs work together to make the event a success. A special thanks to my wife, Judy, who was always there to encourage and support the effort. Thanks to Dwayne and Tara for some of the greatest food I've ever had at the Grand. I usually wind up living off of McDonalds. I personally believe this is the first effort of what will become many for the new "Team CRC". Maybe we need to get our own hats and T-shirts!!!! Thanks again to all, Bob
    Last edited by Huntlabs; 05-01-2008 at 10:03 AM.
    An average hunt becomes great with a good dog

Still in a daze.....
    Congrats to everyone who participated! Special congratulations to Bob & Chic and Kim & Rebel.
    The Dude's success is attributed to the joint effort of "Team Taylor Farm Kennels". I'm just the lucky bastage that gets to hang with him! Dan, Micheal, Mickey, Kendra.....would not have happened without ya'll!
    Stephen..........you da MAN!!!!
    SRS GRHRCH Big Black Dude II MH

Quote Originally Posted by waterdogs View Post
    Great job Stephen with DUDE. Maybe oneday I will be ready for the grand. I may even look up Stephen to handle mine.
    That would be a very wise decision!
    SRS GRHRCH Big Black Dude II MH

Special congratulations for "SCDOG1" and Rebel on their first grand pass.Kim has really gone out of her way to help me with my little dogs(cuz I tend to screw up alot)and this accomplishment is a testament to her devotion to this sport.Again thanks for all the help and advice,and congrats. to all who passed.
    TB

Congrats to everybody who attended and a special congrats to those that finished. I heard that several were "beat by a bucket" with the dogs waiting for them at the line.

Adam
    RC Buckshot of Seven Hickories MH