Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Boy scouts

Quote Originally Posted by Gander View Post
    So what are they calling the Girl Scouts? Is that not changing too?
    I think they are staying the same... for now, but I'm sure they probably let boys participate. I don't know that for a fact though.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    We goin' all torches and pitchforks or just screaming into a bucket?
    55 gallon metal drum works best
    Windows Down!

The downfall was the generations of hiding sexual abuse in order to protect their image. We can yearn for the good old days, but this is the result of the good old days. Is there a meme for hide sex abuse/go broke?

Quote Originally Posted by JBtflo View Post
    The downfall was the generations of hiding sexual abuse in order to protect their image. We can yearn for the good old days, but this is the result of the good old days. Is there a meme for hide sex abuse/go broke?
    Welp, that silenced this thread quickly, and I agree with you. I participate in Powderhorn every by providing an introductory scuba session. It is still a great organization that helps to mold young leaders. I did notice that scout leaders and volunteers can not even be in the locker room when the kids change their clothes.
    Btw, you won't hear me apologize often, so you may want to put that in your sigfile. ~Mergie

When I was a kid all the Boy Scouts were dorks and got picked on.
    Miner's Daughter's Coal Train 'Rosco'

"The only human quality he lacks is speech" -Alfred Brehm

Since the sex abuse scandal the membership has been in steady decline. They decided to let girls in to boost membership and also some girls wanted to be eagle scouts, something the girl scouts do not offer. So they let girls in to boost membership now have gone woke allowing openly gay into the troop and well as openly gay scout leaders.

BTW The Girl Scouts Of The USA have no affiliation what so ever with the Boy Scouts organization. UK consolidated the girl scouts and boy scout but the Girl Scouts OF The USA are very much opposed to a merger. Good for them.

Troops are only as strong as their leaders. My oldest son is in a good strong troop with solid leadership, I think the group still has a lot to offer young folks, and I hope he stays with it long enough to make eagle.
    I have two employees under 30 that are both eagle scouts and they have all the qualities I'd expect from someone who put in the work to get there. Yeah, the name change is bs and I don't like it, but I still think it's a good org and am willing to continue supporting it. As others have said, the changes have already been made, the name is just a name.

If a name is just a name, why bother changing it at all unless there is some anti-masculine agenda behind it...which of course there is. As you were.
    At least I'm housebroken.

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Nitz View Post
    If a name is just a name, why bother changing it at all unless there is some anti-masculine agenda behind it...which of course there is. As you were.
    It’s to be inclusive silly. Do you even woke bro? Names and words are hurtful evidently. The English language has even been corrupted. Made up nouns boys are girls girls are boys. We can’t offend anyone by what we say. We’re just one epidemic away from being deleted censured again except for Elon’s social media page. Don’t you remember we started all this shit with “ elections have consequences” when mainstream America washed their hands of their white privilege and had their cathartic moment for slavery by electing a black man, well half black anyway, while patting themselves on the back for doing same. Then the “we’re here to fundamentally change America” push started in earnest. So we had to be split into devisive groups again, etc etc. Trump shows up and crushes Hillary who had waited in line for her turn but assumed she’d win and ran a shitty campaign. Then we’re to believe that the most people in history voted for a guy who can’t walk and talk at the same time because of TDS. OF COURSE THEY DROPPED BOY from their name. Good grief man. Should we continue to offend the boys who are and are not in it because they think they’re young men or the boys who are girls who want to be in it but dress like girls and don’t “feel welcomed and inclusive” or anyone else in the he she it they alphabet soup crowd who may want to wear their Scouting uniform and go to a college campus and shout for protection of Palestine. I mean seriously.....
    \"We say grace and we say maam, if you ain\'t into that, we don\'t give a damn.\" HW Jr.

Was never in Boy scouts, but was in Royal Rangers for a few years when I was around 10-12. Does anyone know if Royal Rangers still exist?

Came out of Tractor Supply about a year ago. Litle girl with her dad standing there selling $15 bags of popcorn. She asked me if I was interested. Assuming she was a girl scout but confused why there were no cookies, I went to digging my cash out. As I looked on the table I saw that she was a boy scout. I looked at the dad & said, "you know, I'm good".

The Baptist church used to do Royal Ambassadors. Had me a sweet pocket knife I got to tote to church because it said RA's on it. Used to buy em' at the Christian book store in Greenville next to the WWJD bracelets. We never did much buy make a bird house and a Jesus fish wood plaque.

I never went back after "cub scouts" due to a pinewood derby incident. They wouldn't let me compete after I won the local race because I wasn't "Offically a Boy Scout". That's about the only time I ever saw my Dad loose his cool on someone in public.