Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 7 cops shot Charlotte

Got a text from my neighbor. at 0140. He is in Florida on a TDY high risk detail - like he says " same Shit , different day".

The men killed yesterday are all Task Force officers. They all know the potential for injury. He said and I quote " At least they killed the piece of shit back"

Somewhere in Charlotte, there are families grieving the loss of their loved ones. Let's remember that.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Quote Originally Posted by trkykilr View Post
    We need gun laws that would prevent this felon from owning a gun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckman#1 View Post
    It’s already against the law for a felon to have a gun.
    an interesting debate. one that law abiding gun owners will surely lose.

glad you got that text, nitro!
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

What Quack said about the ambush. My F-I-L is at Novant Presbyterian. They were locked down until 5:00. Apparently, they had to send the wounded LEO's to two different hospitals, which is why the shutdown was so far-reaching.
    - "My dad used to tell me that nothing good happens when you take your AR to an out of town riot. Or maybe it was that nothing good happens after 1:00 in the morning. I can't remember any more." - Wob

- "Any thought of romance went out the window when I saw the Ohio plates" - Squirrel Master

Quote Originally Posted by nitro5x6's View Post
    Got a text from my neighbor. at 0140. He is in Florida on a TDY high risk detail - like he says " same Shit , different day".

The men killed yesterday are all Task Force officers. They all know the potential for injury. He said and I quote " At least they killed the piece of shit back"

Somewhere in Charlotte, there are families grieving the loss of their loved ones. Let's remember that.
    Glad you heard back from him.

These guys do a hard job already and they know they are going after the worst of the worst. They know what they are up against and 95% of the time, they get the perp with no issue. The other 4% ends up in a standoff and the 1% someone’s loses a life.

It’s a thankless job that we do take for granted on some days. Prayers for the families and the LE community.

Sure seems like they were ambushed or cornered somehow. That is a lot of fatalities/ hits on those officers.

Makes me wonder how the perp knew to be setup and waiting on them.

So so so sad for the fallen officers, families, friends and all the officers that were involved
    I am a nobody, that met somebody, that can save anybody.

Wife saw something suggesting at least one of the perps had a child as a shield. Hope that ain't the case.
    - "My dad used to tell me that nothing good happens when you take your AR to an out of town riot. Or maybe it was that nothing good happens after 1:00 in the morning. I can't remember any more." - Wob

- "Any thought of romance went out the window when I saw the Ohio plates" - Squirrel Master

Quote Originally Posted by trkykilr View Post
    We need gun laws that would prevent this felon from owning a gun.
    https://www.facebook.com/share/r/pBW...ibextid=V2iOCx

Sent from my motorola edge plus 5G UW (2022) using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Catdaddy; 04-30-2024 at 07:57 AM.

Man was shooting from upstairs. 2 women were also firing.
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

I was told, several that were shot were trying to retrieve/aid the body of the first officer shot and he was in an open area.
    Not saying its 100% accurate but heard it from LEO a few minutes after it happened

Had to go to England to get the perp...

PICTURED: Firearms felon Terry Clark Hughes who shot at Charlotte cops as they came to arrest him setting off gun fight that left 4 officers dead and 4 more wounded
    Terry Clark Hughes, 39, was wanted for possession of a firearm by felon, and felony flee to elude out of Lincoln County
    He was shot dead on April 29 during the deadly gunfight
    By TARYN PEDLER FOR DAILYMAIL.COM and EMMA RICHTER FOR DAILYMAIL.COM and STEPHEN LEPORE FOR DAILYMAIL.COM

PUBLISHED: 06:42 EDT, 30 April 2024

Firearms felon Terry Clark Hughes has been revealed as the suspect who shot at law enforcement officers in North Carolina home as they came to arrest him, after he set off a gun fight that left four officers dead and four more wounded.

The suspect had a lengthy criminal history and was wanted for possession of a firearm by felon, and felony flee to elude out of Lincoln County, before he was shot dead on Monday, according to Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police.

But Hughes was not the only shooter, CMPD Police Chief Johnny Jennings said in a news conference.

'When [officers] approached Hughes they were met by gunfire and returned the gunfire, striking Hughes, who was found deceased in a yard', Jennings said.

Officers then received 'additional gunfire' from within the residence, but it is not yet clear whose bullets struck which officers, and how many cops were hit overall.

The identity of the second shooter also remains unclear as Charlotte cops continue their investigation into the horror gun fight, but they have stated that a woman and a teen, 17, who were found in the home following the shootout are being questioned.

Terry Clark Hughes, 39, has been revealed as the suspect officers were searching for before he opened fire at a North Carolina home, sparking a gun fight that left four officers dead and four more injured

Charlotte police officer Joshua Eyer also died Monday night. He was one of four officers killed

'On Monday, April 29, 2024, an armed suspect opened fire on law enforcement officers in the 5000 block of Galway Drive in the North Tryon Division,' police wrote in an April 29 news release.

'The deceased suspect has been identified as Terry Clark Hughes, Jr, 39,' police wrote. WSOC-TV reporter Joe Bruno confirmed that the mugshot is Hughes Jr on X, formerly Twitter, this morning.

'Four Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department officers were shot, one of which succumbed to his injuries. Additionally, four officers from the U.S. Marshals Fugitive Task Force were shot, three of which succumbed to their injuries,' CMPD wrote.

Three of the four officers that were killed in the shooting have been identified.

Samuel 'Sam' Polche, William 'Alden' Elliot and Charlotte police officer Joshua Eyer died Monday following the horror shooting as they tried to serve warrant. Both Polche and Elliot were North Carolina Department of Adult Corrections officers working with the US Marshal's office.

The US Marshal killed in the attack has not been named.

The US Marshals Service wrote in a statement on Facebook: 'Our hearts are heavy tonight for the lives shattered by today's horrific shooting in Charlotte, NC.

'We mourn the loss of our Deputy and two Task Force Officers.

'We are grateful for all the support, and we keep the families and colleagues of all officers involved, in our thoughts.'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...cers-dead.html

Major networks this morning said there was no word on the brand and type of gun yet or were there any names of the perp or pictures, although both were readily available. MG
    Dum Spiro Spero

yeah the chess players planned this assault on cops serving a warrant to disrupt trump at the polls in november.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

I do my best to talk youngsters out of the career now a days...tell them to be a fireman.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    yeah the chess players planned this assault on cops serving a warrant to disrupt trump at the polls in november.
    What? ...the fugg are you smart-assing about?
    “I can’t wait ‘till I’m grown” is the stupidest @!#* I ever said!

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    I was told, several that were shot were trying to retrieve/aid the body of the first officer shot and he was in an open area.
    Not saying its 100% accurate but heard it from LEO a few minutes after it happened
    That is generally what happens. It happened a few years ago in Florence I believe when the guy went crazy when they came for his son. Its engrained in us to not leave someone behind, and its just human nature to want to run to aid to someone in that scenario. Its bad all around...
    Last edited by Fireman; 04-30-2024 at 10:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maggie Glover View Post
    Major networks this morning said there was no word on the brand and type of gun yet or were there any names of the perp or pictures, although both were readily available. MG
    I read this afternoon they found an AR 15 and a 40 cal semi auto handgun in the house. The front of the house was destroyed to gain entry. Preventing felons from attaining firearms is not the real issue here. This Guy should have been is jail long ago for a long time. If justice had been served this murder would have never happened.

You can bet that Soros is behind the Columbia Univ mess. Allll to get young people to vote. It worked for BLM.
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

Quote Originally Posted by centurian View Post
    I read this afternoon they found an AR 15 and a 40 cal semi auto handgun in the house. The front of the house was destroyed to gain entry. Preventing felons from attaining firearms is not the real issue here. This Guy should have been is jail long ago for a long time. If justice had been served this murder would have never happened.
    This is heavy. I researched more about the warrants being served. The most concerning is the arrest in 2021 for possession of a firearm by a felon where he secured a bond. Two other charges listed in the warrant were for felony fleeing. The other charges on his record by Charlotte-Mecklenburg had been dropped due to them being minor drug charges that they don’t prosecute.

Once again, the system is broke. We see it here in Charleston pretty common as well.