Thread: Connecting rainbird controller to well

Default Connecting rainbird controller to well

I want to hook a rainbird controller to my well so i can run the guns on a schedule. Here's a diagram of the controller and my well control box. Appreciate any help.

WELL PUMP WIRING2.jpg

Need to run voltage to auxiliary contactor from Rainbird, think they 12v, pulls in contactor to run pump. Not exactly sure your contactor has auxiliary 12v control.
    Low country redneck who moved north

Quote Originally Posted by mudflat View Post
    Need to run voltage to auxiliary contactor from Rainbird, think they 12v, pulls in contactor to run pump. Not exactly sure your contactor has auxiliary 12v control.
    had a fieldnet m2 controller installed a couple weeks ago. it basically does the same thing as the rain bird. sends a 12v signal to contactor. the m2 has a transformer to knock the power down to 12v to send the signal. they tied into the on/off switch somehow. not there so don't have eyes on it.

Without seeing it myself, where that 12v signal is being sent, probably auxiliary contactor poles, need to send 12v from Rainbird to same poles. That on off switch works just like the Rainbird, one is manual(switch), other is automatic (rainbird).

They may 24v, depending on Rainbird. M2 controller that white box labeled P?

this is the m2. pic above showing inside of box was prior to m2 install. m2 allows me to turn on/off with my phone from any location and monitor water pressure. IMG_2301.jpg

The M2 sends a low voltage 12-24v to that Siemans auxiliary contactor. That coil pulls in and powers your pump. The Rainbird will work the same way, send low voltage signal to auxiliary contact. If they are both 12v, M2 and Rainbird, they can go to Siemans contactor. I can explain it better in person or phone. 864-590-3681 if needing more info.