Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: House dog

“We” had to baby sit a poodle once. The first time I took her out to piss she’s looking around and then she leaned forward, balanced on her front legs, hiked her ass in the air with her back feet off the ground and squirted a stream like a little hairy ass fountain. Damndest thing I ever saw.

We have a miniature schnauzer as well. Would have never thought I would like it but she's bad ass. Had her for 4 years now and haven't had to clean up a hair yet. Plus, she trails wounded deer. Quiet unless somebody comes to the door or a squirrel or cat wanders into the back yard.
    Last edited by flockbuster; 04-19-2024 at 07:13 PM.
    "My resume is the trail of destruction behind me. " Bucky Katt

Gitcha one of these. The kids will love it and you get to keep your man card.

Last edited by scatter shot; 04-19-2024 at 07:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by duce44 View Post
    Tell me more about the cavapoo. I'm leaning in that direction. Saw one the other day while picking up daughter from school.
    Ours came from Newberry, southern pups or something on Halfacre road.

A couple years ago I found a shitsu on the side of the road she has turned out to be one of the best dogs I ever had but she needs her hair cut a lot

And stay away from Frenchies my wife has 2 of those spawns of Satan and last week they killed the best mouse Killin cat I had.
    Last edited by Huntinjunkie; 04-19-2024 at 08:53 PM.

I would have never guessed in a million years little shit eater dogs are so popular with this crowd. Just sayin....
    \"We say grace and we say maam, if you ain\'t into that, we don\'t give a damn.\" HW Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by duce44 View Post
    Promised my daughter a puppy. I will end up taking care of it. Suggestions on what to get. Small dog. No shedding.
    All animals including people and dogs shed. If it has hair it sheds.

Get a female Braque Francais. They're about 35 pounds fully grown. They don't bark like most doodles. They're great with kids. Excellent house dogs. I have a 4 year old male. He hunts and lays around the house. He also goes to the office and golf course with me as well. I will not own anything else after owing the one I got. Wingshot kennels in Alabama has a puppy right now. PM me if you need contact information.

My aunt and uncle have a Scottie. They are pretty legit. Depending on age of children they are great. If they grow up with kids they are great. New kids they don’t really know they can play a little hard. They will try and herd my kids when we go visit them and that doesn’t always end the best. As far as shedding it’s extremely minimal, cool personality, and besides barking at squirrels and deer like dogs do they are a pretty solid breed. Very trainable and food motivated.

I got my little girl a King Charles last year and he’s been great. Loves riding in vehicles. I ran over the little guy a month ago, broken pelvis, broken vertebrae and dislocated SI joint. Per the vet and the Scducks vet, we kept him kenneled for a month. Dude runs wide open now chasing birds and you’d never know what happened to him.

I’ve got an Amish buddy that raises them, charges less than $500 for them.
    Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Go Tigers!