Thread: Loader Bucket Forks?

Default Loader Bucket Forks?

Are there certain brands of these clamp-on bucket forks that are better than others, or brands to stay away from? I’m seeing the 42”(?) ones running from about $150 shipped to $150 + $85 shipping. Figured they’d be worth trying to pick up and move logs rather than having to chain every one or two and drag them.
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

Quick way to bend the bottom of your bucket.

Spend extra money and get quick attach pallet forks, grapple or 4in1 bucket if you have third function valve.

Those clamp on forks are a waste of money.

i used a pair in KS last week to move some pallets of minerals.
    They worked very well and the bucket isn't bent. I was very impressed with the ease with which I could put them on and take them off.

I cant tell you what brand they were. I would imagine most, if not all, are sturdy and will pick up a log or two without any issue.

(I just wanted to add some positivity to this negative nancy thread. its pallet forks. how negative can we be about them? and come off the $150 and just buy the darn things)
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

I made a set and bent my bucket pretty good but I was also trying to move logs that were way to big to move with my tractor

I welded 3 forklift blades to a frame so I can put them on my bucket for hauling brush, works like a dream. I wouldnt overload them but for scooping up a big pile of brush, they work great

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    i used a pair in KS last week to move some pallets of minerals.
    They worked very well and the bucket isn't bent. I was very impressed with the ease with which I could put them on and take them off.

I cant tell you what brand they were. I would imagine most, if not all, are sturdy and will pick up a log or two without any issue.

(I just wanted to add some positivity to this negative nancy thread. its pallet forks. how negative can we be about them? and come off the $150 and just buy the darn things)
    Look at you being somewhat nice and helpful to woodie
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Get you some 1/2 to 3/4 plate cut you a C with 2 inch material all the way around on outside of plate , leaving bottom flat to weld to top of bucket, weld to bucket in middle and where bucket attach to loader frame. Go to next local auction and buy a set of hang on forks. They will hang lower , so you can see what you doing. When you get done with them tilt bucket forward and place forks on ground and back away. No bull shit flimsy forks .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Smilee View Post
    Quick way to bend the bottom of your bucket.
    Smilee, the bucket is already bent from running into a tree years ago while trying to get away from a yellow jacket nest so maybe I'll get lucky and figure out how to bend it back straight.

Quote Originally Posted by porkchop 13 View Post
    Spend extra money and get quick attach pallet forks, grapple or 4in1 bucket if you have third function valve.

Those clamp on forks are a waste of money.
    No third valve, and the occasional use I'll get from them doesn't justify the current expense, as much as I wish I'd had a 4-in-1 bucket installed at purchase (30 years ago).

... and come off the $150 and just buy the darn things)
    If the $150 bothered me why would I even post this question? C'mon, doc, stop being a soccer mom...

Quote Originally Posted by thawhacker View Post
    I made a set and bent my bucket pretty good but I was also trying to move logs that were way to big to move with my tractor
    My loader is only rated for about 1000#'s, so I don't expect to try overloading it. I'm just tired of getting on and off the tractor to roll a log and wrap a chain or pile the brush up to haul it to the burn pile.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank1 View Post
    I welded 3 forklift blades to a frame so I can put them on my bucket for hauling brush, works like a dream. I wouldnt overload them but for scooping up a big pile of brush, they work great
    Thought about that... great idea, but regular blades use up a fair amount of my 1000# weight limit.

Quote Originally Posted by TheVisorGuy View Post
    Look at you being somewhat nice and helpful to woodie
    Yeah, that confused me, too... wondering what he's up to this time...

Quote Originally Posted by Timsmith View Post
    Get you some 1/2 to 3/4 plate cut you a C with 2 inch material all the way around on outside of plate , leaving bottom flat to weld to top of bucket, weld to bucket in middle and where bucket attach to loader frame. Go to next local auction and buy a set of hang on forks. They will hang lower , so you can see what you doing. When you get done with them tilt bucket forward and place forks on ground and back away. No bull shit flimsy forks .
    Another great idea, although I can't quite visualize what you mean, but heavier than this tractor needs.

Thanks for the feedback.
    ~ George Washington

I’ll show you what a new set look like in the am from JD

I had to get a new tractor and I opted to get the quick attach forks.

I’ve used them on another tractor.

Curious if the new ones changed.

I’ll send pics and measurements.
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

Sort of like Toof. But way smarter.
    ~Scatter Shot

I have a set I use on my tractor because I don’t have a quick attach bucket. I wrap a chain around my bucket and use a turn buckle attached to the fork and the chain link to tighten it down. Makes me feel better anyways
    Last edited by KRT; 04-22-2024 at 06:43 PM.
    More fuel = more boost!!

You can buy fork lift forks from scrap yards. They most likely failed inspection or tips are worn thin. $75 each last ones I bought.

you posted this looking for a deal better than $150 and there it is.
    i guess I'm done being nice. come off the $!50.

you posted this looking for a deal better than $150 and there it is.
    i guess I'm done being nice. come off the $!50.
    Dang, doc, all of that soccer, fluoride, and gray hair is making you goofy.

I simply asked if there was any one brand that was better than the others and stated the shipped price differences I’m seeing. Unless someone has a decent set they don’t want, I figure $150-$200 is a good price to make it easier to clean up these logs I saved $thousands on by hauling them to the burn pile myself. Your reading comprehension must be taking a hit from your preconceived notions.
    ~ George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by WoodieSC View Post
    Dang, doc, all of that soccer, fluoride, and gray hair is making you goofy.

I simply asked if there was any one brand that was better than the others and stated the shipped price differences I’m seeing. Unless someone has a decent set they don’t want, I figure $150-$200 is a good price to make it easier to clean up these logs I saved $thousands on by hauling them to the burn pile myself. Your reading comprehension must be taking a hit from your preconceived notions.
    What do they need to fit. I traded my tractor in last fall and the new tractor uses skid steer forks so I have no use for the titan forks from the old tractor.

charge him $250 and you wont have to deal with him

charge him $250 and you wont have to deal with him
    now that was funny

Quote Originally Posted by Huntinjunkie View Post
    What do they need to fit. I traded my tractor in last fall and the new tractor uses skid steer forks so I have no use for the titan forks from the old tractor.
    They'd be going on a 7 cu ft bucket on a Kubota tractor. This is basically what I'm looking at, although I'm going to try to find heavier duty ones in a 42" length, or possibly cut down some 60" ones if needed. Which Titan forks do you have?

https://www.amazon.com/VEVOR-43-Clam...CKXJH7CL&psc=1
    ~ George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by WoodieSC View Post
    They'd be going on a 7 cu ft bucket on a Kubota tractor. This is basically what I'm looking at, although I'm going to try to find heavier duty ones in a 42" length, or possibly cut down some 60" ones if needed. Which Titan forks do you have?

https://www.amazon.com/VEVOR-43-Clam...CKXJH7CL&psc=1
    Mine are quick attach pallet forks for a John deere don't think they'd fit but I also have forks for 3 point that I never use anymore. I used to move round bales until I got a front end loader

Quote Originally Posted by Huntinjunkie View Post
    Mine are quick attach pallet forks for a John deere don't think they'd fit but I also have forks for 3 point that I never use anymore. I used to move round bales until I got a front end loader
    Thanks for the thought but I think I’d be better with a heavy duty set of bucket forks since my place is mostly wooded and driving a wide load forward is a lot easier than backwards.
    ~ George Washington