Thread: Speeding Ticket

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Speeding Ticket

I got pulled with my wife and kids in the car last Thursday outside of Rutherfordton ... It's a speed trap town that I always slow down for when I get inside the city limits, they got me about 4 miles outside of town where traffic usually flows pretty quick way before it drops down to 25mph. We were driving to Atlanta, got pulled over at midnight, highway 221 with no one in my lane or in the opposing lane for probably a mile, trooper sitting at the bottom of the hill. I honestly thought it was a 55mph zone, no schools or business around, apparently it was 45 and I was clocked at 64.

I got a speeding ticket about 8 years ago, other than that I probably haven't had one since 2010ish, no wrecks either. I've already started receiving letters from attorneys who will 'represent me'.

For people in the know or have gone through this recently, what's the best way to get this taken care of? Hire one of the attorneys to get it dropped down and hopefully no points, or show up to court in person and sit in front of the judge? I'd prefer not to show up in court to save myself burning an entire work day ... and also to NOT give myself the opportunity to let the judge know what I think about speed traps and the people who prop up that bullshit.
    Last edited by huntinghagen#12; 04-17-2024 at 01:12 PM.